Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2018, 16:30   #31
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Yacht Delivery :Looking for Blackbeard the crazy sailor with big balls and brain

So as your a sound sea monkey.. and its a good boat.. why are you not doing it yourself.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 16:55   #32

Boat: Harley R.O.R.C 39
Re: Yacht Delivery :Looking for Blackbeard the crazy sailor with big balls and brain

I can not afford to spend so much time on the water on such a long trip right now... And i am running a business too ...Maybe later when things calm down perhaps ,and if i dont get someone which meet my expectations... But i see by theses private messages there are plenty of offers...I am just looking for the the right person...
Spirit of Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 16:56   #33

Re: Yacht Delivery :Looking for Blackbeard the crazy sailor with big balls and brain

Thanks for your comments..
Old 14-03-2018, 18:22   #34

Boat: JBW club 420, MFG Bandit, Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of Jack View Post
But i see by theses private messages there are plenty of offers...I am just looking for the the right person...
Glad you're finding what you need

I do hope you and the skipper both get what you expect out of this.

I have a question, and feel free to ignore me, since I'm not the one doing the trip. On the third pic in your first post, "the prize" pic, is the land that green highlighted area above the T in the? That's what the skipper is working for or is that just some green blob?
Old 14-03-2018, 20:27   #35

Hi there
Thanks for your comments..
i can disclose more private information by email.
Old 14-03-2018, 21:05   #36

Boat: Lavranos 58

I am a Brit who lived in SA for many years and have a SA built boat that is still registered there but is also registered in another country. I can't see how it would be illegal to do the delivery if not a South African.

Anyway to more serious stuff. I have done the trip from Cape Town to Horta on my boat in April and it was OK. Northwards from Cape Town to the equator is easy and mainly downwind. The doldrums took about a day to motor through and the the North Easterlies were experienced for the remainder of the trip.

We didn't have to beat at all but were closed haul (45 degrees) for much of the way in order to track Horta. Weather was typically 20-25kts in the NE trades and seas were nothing to get overly concerned with, shies were mostly cloudy but not much rain. We took 25 days from St Helena to Horta ( Lavranos 58', aluminium hull, mod cons and tip top condition). It could be a hard trip in the wrong boat.

I think the Hartley to be delivered would need to make quite a bit of easting after ST Helena to fetch Horta on one tack and even then could struggle to achieve that given they are heavy boats. Engine size doesn't worry me to much as our trip we only motored through the doldrums and for the remainder of the trip had good wind.

I had a look at a small farm on Pico that was up for sale for GBP5000 and it was on a great site with outstanding views but had no roads, water, electricity or sewage infrastructure. Cost and feasibility to install ??

I have entered the OCC Azores Pursuit Rally this year (Im leaving from Santa Marta Colombia) and I will be in Horta on/around 18 June and intend scouting about for retirement property.
Kenmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 21:44   #37

Thanks for your comments:
That must have been a long time ago you visited the Azores, things have really change now a days. There are now low cost airlines flying there from Europe main land .Which has the raised property prices generally. But the good new is EU has poured large amounts of investment into the infrastructure of the islands to bring them up to EU standard.. If fact another 40 million Euro project this year for just Pico island , reported in the local news papers about 2 months ago.Which make it now a first world sound investment.
Old 14-03-2018, 21:46   #38

Please send me more information .im interested can send you my credentials when I know more about this vessel and how the land transfer would work
Sundreamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Azores islands, cape town, delivery, sail, yacht