Cruisers Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2021, 23:22   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: SWFL
Boat: Southern Cross 35
Posts: 67
Wanted - Old Sailing Magazines

Does anyone have some back issues of "Good Old Boat" or "Practical Sailor" magazines that they don't want? I'll pay shipping, of course. I am new to sailing/boat ownership and find both magazines stuffed full of good info.

Thanks,

Drew
Fatbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 14:14   #2
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Annapolis
Boat: Leopard 42 Catamaran
Posts: 32
Re: Wanted - Old Sailing Magazines

Drew we have many Practical Sailors probably dating back at least to 2017. PM your address and I will determine shipping if you are still interested.
Luftmeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 16:15   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: SWFL
Boat: Southern Cross 35
Posts: 67
Re: Wanted - Old Sailing Magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftmeer View Post
Drew we have many Practical Sailors probably dating back at least to 2017. PM your address and I will determine shipping if you are still interested.
Luftmeer,

Great, thanks!

PM Sent.

Drew
Fatbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 14:03   #4
Registered User
 
rippledmind's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 2
Re: Wanted - Old Sailing Magazines

HI,
if you join the local library you can borrow those sailing magazines all online free... and keep borrowing them... plus other sailing books etc... did I mention FREE?
rippledmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 14:17   #5
Registered User
 
japawil's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Southern CA
Boat: Alajuela 33
Posts: 142
Re: Wanted - Old Sailing Magazines

Both “Good Old Boat” and “Practical Sailor” have archived issues on their websites.
japawil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 15:37   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: SWFL
Boat: Southern Cross 35
Posts: 67
Re: Wanted - Old Sailing Magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by japawil View Post
Both “Good Old Boat” and “Practical Sailor” have archived issues on their websites.
Japawil,

Thanks. Yes, I know both have archives online but Good Old Boat charges for back issues and I just prefer reading stuff on paper. When I owned an airplane, I had a decade of old magazines and donated them to a guy just getting into flying and though perhaps someone had old sailing magazines they might not want.

Regards,

Drew
Fatbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 17:32   #7
Registered User
 
japawil's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Southern CA
Boat: Alajuela 33
Posts: 142
Re: Wanted - Old Sailing Magazines

I get it.
If you caught me a couple years ago when I retired and sold my house, I would have happily obliged.
Unfortunately I got rid of stacks of those very same magazines.
It was because the old issues were available online, that I was convinced to let the physical copies go.
Sorry
japawil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 19:30   #8
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: SWFL
Boat: Southern Cross 35
Posts: 67
Re: Wanted - Old Sailing Magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by japawil View Post
I get it.
If you caught me a couple years ago when I retired and sold my house, I would have happily obliged.
Unfortunately I got rid of stacks of those very same magazines.
It was because the old issues were available online, that I was convinced to let the physical copies go.
Sorry
I know what you mean.....that is why I got rid of the flying magazines. We were moving and my wife kept insisting I throw out "those stinky old magazines". I gave them to another Mooney pilot and I'm sure he read them cover-to-cover.
Fatbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 09:25   #9
Registered User
 
SVTatia's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Boat: Luders 33 - hull 23
Posts: 1,561
Re: Wanted - Old Sailing Magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbob View Post
Does anyone have some back issues of "Good Old Boat" or "Practical Sailor" magazines that they don't want? I'll pay shipping, of course. I am new to sailing/boat ownership and find both magazines stuffed full of good info.

Thanks,

Drew
Do you still want this? I have several years of both and I am just about to send them to the dump. However, shipping will be dear, the stuff is heavy and I'm in Toronto, let me know if you are interested.
SVTatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 09:34   #10
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: SWFL
Boat: Southern Cross 35
Posts: 67
Re: Wanted - Old Sailing Magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTatia View Post
Do you still want this? I have several years of both and I am just about to send them to the dump. However, shipping will be dear, the stuff is heavy and I'm in Toronto, let me know if you are interested.
Thanks, I'll send you a PM.
Fatbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gaz, sail, sailing, wanted

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Old Cruising World Magazines scajax Classifieds Archive 0 30-12-2012 14:03
Sailing Magazines Maramu 46 The Library 12 20-05-2011 14:16
Free: Cruising World & Sailing Magazines - Over One Year's Worth PilotJesse Classifieds Archive 0 29-08-2010 18:15
Old Cruising World magazines.... SabreKai The Library 2 10-01-2009 15:33
what sailing / cruising magazines are worth reading? Sterling General Sailing Forum 35 30-10-2008 01:53

Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.