Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-04-2022, 18:07   #1

Spectra Reverse osmosis water maker

Never used, Pickled, available in Port Charlotte, FL - asking $1,990
DerekT-CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2022, 18:19   #2

Boat: Shannon 50 Ketch
Re: Spectra Reverse osmosis water maker

Interested. PM Sent.
jordanbigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2022, 01:48   #3

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Pictures?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2022, 06:18   #4

The only picture I have - not great I know
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	35685.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	311.6 KB
ID:	256041  
Old 16-04-2022, 06:40   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekT-CAN View Post
Never used, Pickled, available in Port Charlotte, FL - asking $1,990
Which model?
tamicatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2022, 06:48   #6

Boat: Morgan, West Indies 38 Ketch

What kind of feed pump, gauges, year, electronics, freshwater flush, and membrane…
akopac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2022, 07:06   #7

Some additional pictures
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Phone3d_15693.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	256044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Phone3d_15694.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	256045  

Name:	Phone3d_15695.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	256046  
Old 16-04-2022, 10:04   #8
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Pacific Seacraft Orion MK II

Quote:
Originally Posted by akopac View Post
What kind of feed pump, gauges, year, electronics, freshwater flush, and membrane…
As a Spectra owner I will offer a few observations in order to answer some of your questions.
The unit is a Ventura 150 or 200, Only uses 12 Volt power. 1 pump runs everything, the year is printed on the unit but it needs to be removed from the boat to see it, NO electronics, it has a fresh water flush and needs to be plumbed into the fresh water of the boat, for safety sake you should assume that the membrane needs replacement. The owner states never used but perhaps he means BY HIM perhaps used by a previous owner of the boat? A new membrane can be had for as little as $250.

This is the most efficient watermaker on the planet and is a top quality piece of equipment. It is perfect for a sailboat without a generator and limited power. I run mine off of solar. New these units cost over $6K! Excellent support and parts are available from the dealers and Spectra. The unit can continue to work indefinitely with maintenance and repairs as needed. If I needed another one I would buy this in a heartbeat. I installed mine myself, however you will need 2 through hulls for an ideal permanent installation.
Best of luck, Ben S/V DAWN
Americanrancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2022, 10:39   #9

Boat: Morgan, West Indies 38 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanrancher View Post
As a Spectra owner I will offer a few observations in order to answer some of your questions.

The unit is a Ventura 150 or 200, Only uses 12 Volt power. 1 pump runs everything, the year is printed on the unit but it needs to be removed from the boat to see it, NO electronics, it has a fresh water flush and needs to be plumbed into the fresh water of the boat, for safety sake you should assume that the membrane needs replacement. The owner states never used but perhaps he means BY HIM perhaps used by a previous owner of the boat? A new membrane can be had for as little as $250.

This is the most efficient watermaker on the planet and is a top quality piece of equipment. It is perfect for a sailboat without a generator and limited power. I run mine off of solar. New these units cost over $6K! Excellent support and parts are available from the dealers and Spectra. The unit can continue to work indefinitely with maintenance and repairs as needed. If I needed another one I would buy this in a heartbeat. I installed mine myself, however you will need 2 through hulls for an ideal permanent installation.

Yep! I have a Spectra 200c. It’s awesome. I bought it 25 years ago used and it’s been one of the most reliable pieces of equipment on the boat. Just like anything else on a boat it requires good routine maintenance. I was inquiring so maybe we could get more info for somebody else. If I needed a watermaker I’d be jumping all over this.
I just finished filling my tank with mine about an hour ago.
:-)
akopac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2022, 14:57   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanrancher View Post

Thank you for providing this information!

Anyone trying to contact me privately please email me at derek.tomczyk@gmail.com as I appear to have ran out of inbox space after just a few messages
Old 17-04-2022, 12:38   #11

The seller found the manual its a Spectra 150 Deluxe circa 2003 - it HAS been used, just not by him, but by the owner previous to him - best offer takes it
Old 20-04-2022, 19:18   #12

Boat: Perry 47 Ketch 1981
Send a message via Skype™ to surazo

PM sent .I'm interested
surazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2022, 09:25   #13

Boat: Perry 47 Ketch 1981
Send a message via Skype™ to surazo

Derek .It's was sold according your mail .
Regards
surazo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
osmosis, reverse osmosis, water