Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-09-2022, 21:57   #1

Signet Marine MK19 wind speed gauge

Hello, I would like to buy a year 1970s - 1980s analog Signet Marine MK19 wind speed gauge. If anyone has one for sale, please let me know.

Thank you
Morris
Morris8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 06:36   #2

Boat: 50' Herreshoff Carribean Ketch
Re: Signet Marine MK19 wind speed gauge

I believe there is one at Blue Pelican in Alameda, CA. Blue Pelican is a used/consignment shop and you buy as is. I also have the old Signet wind system and have been searching for display replacements so I looked at BLue Pelican, but they are asking a premium for old used display, I think ~$100. Signet sells the old displays for a few hundred if your interested in that. I just took down my mast and found my masthead sensor is damaged, plastic cups are intact and spinning but the aluminum wind vane is bent, cracked and broken. I have decided to replace the entire sensor, cable and dispay with a new Signet, I like their website, their email communicationand general helpful replies and I like the stout aluminum masthead sensor (even though I think mine got tangled with a Taradactyl.) I will likely go back out to Blue Pelican very soon and I can take a look for you if you dont get anywhere by calling them.
Borealis B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 21:24   #3

Re: Signet Marine MK19 wind speed gauge

Thank you. I phoned Blue Pelican. They checked and said they do not have the gauge at this time. The gentleman at Blue Pelican was very helpful and made a great effort to check. If you go back there please let them know that their helpful attitude is greatly appreciated and word of mouth is great advertising.

Thank you for your message.
Morris
Morris8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, wind