Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2019, 15:05   #1

Sailing Books

SAILING BOOKSSale price of each book includes shipping
I am selling my books due to heart troubles stopping me from cruising and need to get rid of them. I would like it to go to good sailors.
Most of these books are in excellent condition like brand new; some with a few marks in them where I made notes and highlights (no charge)
PayPal preferred payment method -- keithasully@gmail.com

ENGINES
$18 --2nd Edition Outboard Engines – Maintenance, Troubleshooting, and Repair for 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines from 2 to 300 horsepower by Ed Sherman -- Hardcover like new – sale price $18

$16 --Troubleshooting Marine Diesels by Peter Compton -- Hardcover like new – $16

$18 --2nd Edition Marine Diesel Engines Maintenance, Troubleshooting, and Repair by Nigel Calder -- Hardcover like new – $18

$13 --Marine Diesel Basics by Dennison Berwick -- Softcover like new – $13

$13 --Mercury Outboard Volume I, 1965 – 1988, 1- and 2-Cylinder, Tune-up and Repair by Joan and Clarence Coles, Seloc Publications -- Softcover well used -- $13

SEAMANSHIP
$25 --62nd Edition Chapman Piloting Seamanship and Small Boat Handling by Elbert S. Maloney – Hardcover like new – $25

BOAT CONSTRUCTION
$30 --How to Build A Wooden Boat by David C. “Bud” McIntosh – Hardcover like new $30

$19 --Boatbuilding Manual 3rd Edition – The standard reference for wooden-boat builders since 1954 by Robert M. Steward – Hardcover like new (cover jacket is torn)-- $19

$17 --Devlin’s Boat Building – How to Build any Boat the Sitch-and-glue Way by Samual Devlin – Paperback like new --$17

$25 --The New Cold-Molded Boatbuilding – From Lofting to Launching by Reuel B. Parker – Paperback like new $25

$15 --Build the New Instant Boats by Harold “Dynamite” Payson – Paperback like new -- $15

$10 --The Gougeon Brothers on Boat Construction – Wood and West System Materials -- 5th Edition by Meade Gougeon – Hardcover very good condition --$10

BOAT REPAIR & MAINTENANCE
$30 --Don Casey’s Complete Illustrated Sailboat Maintenance Manual, Special Value---Six Books in One! Hardcover like new – $30

$16 –Inspecting the Aging Sailboat by Don Casey author of “This Old Boat” --$16
$14 --The 12 Volt Bible for Boats—Second Edition by Miner Brotherton and revised by Ed Sherman – International Marine --$14

$20 --Metal Corrosion in Boats -- Third Edition by Nigel Warren –Paperback like new --$20
$10 --Improve Your Own Boat – Projects and tips for the practical boat builder by Ian Nicolson – Hardcover like new --$10

$10 --This Old Boat – Turn a rundown fiberglass boat into a first-class yacht on a shoestring budget. By Don Casey – Hardcover like new --$10
$22 --The Boat Repair Manual by George Buchanan – Hardcover like new --$22

$20 --Second Edition Boatowner’s Mechanical and Electrical Manual – How to Maintain, Repair, and Improve Your Boat’s Essential Systems by Nigel Calder – Hardcover good condition --$20

$25 --Cruising World’s Workbench – 200 Ideas from America’s Leading Cruising Magazine to Improve Your Life Afloat –Hardback Excellent condition --$25

$5 --Spurr’s Boatbook – Upgrading the Cruising Sailboat by Daniel Spurr – Hardcover like new --$5

$7 --Spurr’s Boatbook, 2nd Edition – Upgrading The Cruising Sailboat – A complete revision of the classic source book for cruising sailors by Daniel Spurr – Paperback --$7

$9 --Wooden Boat Repair Manual by John Scarlett – Hardcover like new --$9

$7 --Repairs at Sea – The Seamanship Series by Nigel Calder – Paperback like new --$7

$5 --Comfort in the Cruising Yacht by Ian Nicolson – Hardcover like new --$5

NAVIGATION
$30 –Dutton’s Nautical Navigation – Fifteenth Edition by Thomas J. cutler – Hardcover like new -- $30

$6 –U.S Chart No. 1 – Symbols, Abbreviations and Terms used on Paper and Electronic Navigational Charts – Edition 12, April 2013 –Paperback food condition --$6

$23 --The American Practical Navigator, Bowditch, Pub. No. 9, 2002 Bicentennial Edition by National Imagery and Mapping Agency ($38 ) Hardcover like new – $23

$6 --The One-Minute Guide to the Nautical Rules of the Road by Charlie Wing – Second Edition -- Paperback like new --$6

$5 --U.S. Department of Homeland Security – US Coast Guard – Navigation Rules – International—Inland – Includes NTM 24/13 –Paperback in good condition--$5

$18 –Small Craft Piloting & Coastal Navigation by A. E. Saunders – Hardcover like new --$18

$12 – GPS for Mariners – 2nd Edition – by Bob Sweet, National Educational Office, U.S. Power Squadrons -- Paperback like new --$12

$13 – Basic Coastal Navigation – New Edition An Introduction to Piloting for Sail and Power – by Frank J. Larkin – Hardcover like new -- $13

$13 --How to Read a Nautical Chart – A complete Guide to the Symbols, Abbreviations, and Data Displayed on Nautical Charts --by Nigel Calder – Paperback like new --$13

$9 –The Piloting Workbook – Exercises in Coastal Navigation by Jack Hobson – Spiral bound paperback in good condition -- $9

WEATHER
$14 --The Weather Wizard’s Cloud Book – A unique way to predict the weather accurately and easily by reading the clouds by Louis D. Rubin Sr. & Jim Duncan with the assistance of Hiram J. Herbert – Paperback like new $14

$11 --The Cloudspotter’s Guide, The Science, History, and Culture of Clouds by Gavin Pretor-Pinney – Paperback like new -- $11

$8 --Watching Weather – A Low Pressure Book about High Pressure Systems and Other Weather Phenomena by Tom Murphree and Mary K. Miller with the Exploratorium – Paperback $8

$10 --Hurricane Watch – Forecasting the Deadliest Storms on Earth by Dr. Bob Sheets, Former Director of the National Hurricane Center and Jack Williams, Founding Editor of the USA Today Weather Page – Paperback like new --$10

$9 --The Weekend Navigator – Second Edition – Simple Boat Navigation with GPS and Electronics by Bob Sweet – Paperback with slight water damage -- $9

LIN & LARRY PARDEY – Buy as a group for $95
$21 --Details of Classic Boat Construction by Larry Pardey, The Hull -- Hardcover like new – $21
$18 --Bull Canyon – A Boatbuilder, a Writer and other Wildlife by Lin Pardey – Hardcover like new $18
$9 --As Long as It’s Fun – The Epic Voyages and Extraordinary Times of Lin and Larry Pardey by Herb McCormicky – Paperback like new $9
$15 --Taleisin’s Tales – Sailing Towards the Southern Cross by Lin and Larry Pardey – Paperback like new $15
$14 --Storm Tactics Handbook third Edition – Modern methods of heaving-to for survival in extreme condtions – Revised, Expanded and Cape Horn Tested by Lin and Larry Pardey – Paperback like new --$14
$10 --Revised Edition -- Lin and Larry Pardey’s Self Sufficient Sailor – Hardcover like new $10
$15 --Cost Conscious Cruiser – Champagne Cruising on a Beer Budget by Lin and Larry Pardey – Hardcover like new $15
$15 --Third Edition Capable Cruiser by Lin and Larry Pardey – Paperback like new $15

RIGGING
$20 --The Complete Rigger’s Apprentice – Tools and Techniques for Modern and Traditional Rigging by Brion Toss – Hardcover in good condition very slight water damage barely noticeable --$20

$15 --The Splicing Handbook – Third Edition – Techniques for Traditional and Modern Ropes and Wires by Barbara Merry with John Darwin – Paperback like new --$15

CLASSIC BOAT
$20 --The Gaff Rig Handbook – Second Edition – History – Design – Techniques – Development by John Leather – Paperback like new --$20

$10 --Hand, Reef and Steer Traditional Sailing Skills for Classic Boats by Tom Cunliffe – Paperback like new $10

$14 --Lessons From My Good Old Boat by Donald Launer – Paperback like new --$14

$9 –The Good Little Ship by Vincent Gilpin – Hardback like new -- $9

$15 --The Sharpie Book by Beuel B. Parker – Paperback fair condition with some water stains--$15

Guide
$18 --South to the Caribbean – How to Carry Out the Dream of Sailing Your Own Boat to the Caribbean by Bill Robinson – Hardcover in fair condition --$18

MISCELLANEOUS
$25 --The Cruiser’s Handbook of Fishing by Scott Bannerot and Wendy Bannerot – Paperback like new --$25

$10 --Practical Sailor Guide to Sailing Gear – Take the Guesswork Out of Gear Buying by Dan Dickinson and the Editors of Practical Sailor – Paperback like new --$10

$12 --The Cruising Woman’s Advisor – How to prepare for the voyaging life – Second Edition -- by Diana Jessie – forewards by Tania Aebi and Lin Pardey – Paperback like new --$12

$10 --Sail With Me by Rebecca Burg – Paperback like new --$10

$12 --The Sail Book of Commonsense Cruising edited by Patience Wales – Paperback in fair condition --$12

Any 3 for $12
How to Make and Mend cast nets by Ted Dahlem – Paperback like new

How to Avoid Huge Ships or I Never Net a Ship I Liked by Captain John W. Trimmer – Paperback good condition

Understanding the Racing Rules of Sailing through 2012 by Dave Perry – Paperback like new

Maiden Voyage – The first American woman – and the youngest person ever – to circumnavigate the globe alone – Tania Aebi with Bernadette Brennan – Hardcover very good condition

Ocean Cruising Countdown – A practical guide to long term cruising turning the dream into reality by Geoff Pack – Hardcover in very good condition

Seamanship Secrets – 185 Tips and Techniques for Better Navigation, Cruise Planning, and Boat Handling Under Power or sail by John Jamieson
keithasully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 19:04   #2

Re: Sailing Books

I'd like to buy brian Toss's - Complete Riggers Apprentice $20
and second Edition Outboard Engines- $18
assuming these are still available--I can Paypal
maine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 06:14   #3

They are available and I am reserving them for you. Send your name and address to my personal email. As soon as I receive PayPal payment, I will mail them to you.
Old 28-01-2020, 08:18   #4

Boat: 1974 Pearson 26

I would like to purchase the Don Casey's Illustrated Maintenance manual and This OLd Boat and the Nigel Calder Boatowners Mechanical and Electrical manual if still available. Sorry about your ticker troubles...
Cheers, Rol1964
Rol1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 16:26   #5

They are all sold. Got little response for a long time so sold them to a used book store.
Old 29-01-2020, 07:06   #6

Boat: 1974 Pearson 26

Too bad. Quite a collection you had there!
Cheers
Rol1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 19:21   #7

Boat: Del Rey 50

Amazing collection! Was devastated to scroll down and see that they were all Sold! I was going to buy Gougeon brothers boatbuilding manual the other day until I realised it was overr $100. some great boatbuilding books! Did you build your own boat?
Adventuresail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 20:39   #8

Not to criticize the OP but perhaps the next book seller here on CF will offer us a chance to match the prices paid by the used book store+shipping.
Island Time O25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books, sail, sailing