Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-10-2017, 14:51   #16

Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter
Re: Propane Dickson cabin heater

O no! ..... not HIM again .......... Is Alberg30 shill a TROLL? or maybe just a keyboard warrior? (s)he sounds more like a nagging wife ...

BTW ... you're the only one arguing.
Sailorbob8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 21:52   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post
O no! ..... not HIM again .......... Is Alberg30 shill a TROLL? or maybe just a keyboard warrior? (s)he sounds more like a nagging wife ...

BTW ... you're the only one arguing.
No, neither. Why not respond to the substance of my point regarding relative safety of various fuels rather than name calling? My initial response was surprise about the huge difference in BTU's between the two Dickinson Newports. I still think with both installed and maintained perfectly, they are not equally safe. Still waiting for a logical explanation for why that's not true but open minded about being wrong.
Alberg30Shill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 11:17   #18

Boat: 43 ft Selene/Solo

Alberg30shill,
Wondering why you decided to turn a for sale ad into a diatribe regarding the pros and cons of fuels?
It was really juvenile of you to comment on how unsafe YOU feel about propane use on a boat, possibly killing my sale of the heater. If you want to discuss the relative pros and cons of different fuels, start your own thread about it.
The buyer wanted a propane heater, so he likely knows about how to handle propane installations properly.

I will take note of your screen name, and give my comments about whatever it is that you would like to sell in the future.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
captain465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 14:04   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain465 View Post
Alberg30shill,
Wondering why you decided to turn a for sale ad into a diatribe regarding the pros and cons of fuels?
It was really juvenile of you to comment on how unsafe YOU feel about propane use on a boat, possibly killing my sale of the heater. If you want to discuss the relative pros and cons of different fuels, start your own thread about it.
The buyer wanted a propane heater, so he likely knows about how to handle propane installations properly.

I will take note of your screen name, and give my comments about whatever it is that you would like to sell in the future.

You accuse me of being juvenile and go on to threaten to sabotage an unrelated future post for revenge? Threatening me is never a good tactic. Your item is sold so I don't see your problem. Step back.

An apology would be appropriate and appreciated but not expected.

Peace.
Old 04-11-2017, 13:43   #20

Boat: C&C 34

I might be interested in this very dangerous product

PM sent
Opie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 19:54   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie91 View Post
I might be interested in this very dangerous product [emoji3]

PM sent
I'm sure it will give you years of safe reliable heating. I simply observed the big difference in BTU's between the two fuels, and contradicted a statement claiming they were EQUALLY safe all things being equal (installation/maintenance) which is not true.
Old 08-11-2017, 21:10   #22

Boat: Parker Dawson 26

As someone who also eschews propane in favor of safer fuels I feel particularly qualified to say:

Put a sock in it Alberg30Shill, nobody wants to hear you whining about propane in the middle of a for sale thread. If you want to bitch about your propane conspiracy go start your own thread to do so that way we can ignore you easier.
Aswayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 22:00   #23

Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberg30Shill View Post
I'm sure it will give you years of safe reliable heating. I simply observed the big difference in BTU's between the two fuels, and contradicted a statement claiming they were EQUALLY safe all things being equal (installation/maintenance) which is not true.
Alberg; this running argument you are having (with yourself) over which heater is safest is totally infantile and stupid because, according to Dickinson (whose company store is just 4 short blocks from my home) tell me it is not reflected in their sales numbers. In fact, sales of propane heaters far exceed the number of diesel heaters; same goes for propane stoves and BBQ's, which effectively belies your personal opinion.

I very much doubt thousands of boat owners would favour a product in such numbers, were it considered to be as "dangerous" as you claim. Furthermore, it is painfully obvious you love to argue in a futile attempt to establish your line of thought as being 'factual' when nothing could be further from the truth and, in so doing, refusing to accept a majority of people do not share your opinion ... one that you have stated a number of times in this thread. The forum accepts you are entitled to your (own) opinion, no matter how wrong you might be. After all, using your logic, just about anything used on a boat can be considered dangerous and should not be used.

Please don't bother responding as your argument has become both tedious, and boring.
Sailorbob8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 14:52   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post
Alberg; this running argument you are having (with yourself) over which heater is safest is totally infantile and stupid because, according to Dickinson (whose company store is just 4 short blocks from my home) tell me it is not reflected in their sales numbers. In fact, sales of propane heaters far exceed the number of diesel heaters; same goes for propane stoves and BBQ's, which effectively belies your personal opinion.

I very much doubt thousands of boat owners would favour a product in such numbers, were it considered to be as "dangerous" as you claim. Furthermore, it is painfully obvious you love to argue in a futile attempt to establish your line of thought as being 'factual' when nothing could be further from the truth and, in so doing, refusing to accept a majority of people do not share your opinion ... one that you have stated a number of times in this thread. The forum accepts you are entitled to your (own) opinion, no matter how wrong you might be. After all, using your logic, just about anything used on a boat can be considered dangerous and should not be used.

Please don't bother responding as your argument has become both tedious, and boring.
You just totally misrepresented my position and statements and then told me not to reply because you already understand my position. Clearly you don't.

To repeat...

I simply observed the big difference in BTU's between the two fuels, and contradicted a statement claiming they were EQUALLY safe all things being equal (installation/maintenance) which is not true.

Which of those two facts are you objecting to?
Old 11-11-2017, 19:22   #25

Boat: 1981 51' Formosa

I am going to guess Alberg30Shill and Boatguy30 are one in the same.
Formosa Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 18:38   #26

Boat: 43 ft Selene/Solo

Sold, Thanks to all for your interest!
Ralph Waldo Emerson
captain465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabin, propane