Join Date: Jul 2019
Pactor II-Pro Modem with Pactor III License
UPGRADED PACTOR III LICENSE. CABLES INCLUDED: serial cable, 9090 interconnect cable, 8083 Fq control cable, large RF chokes. Serviced by Farralon Electronics; upgraded firmware, includes Pactor III License
This was purchased as our spare Pactor modem
and stored during our recent circumnavigation
. It was completely overhauled at Farallon Electronics
in Sept, 2017 and is in very good condition. The firmware was upgraded to 4.0 and email/invoice to me stated expect many years of good service
. If you’re looking at Pactor Modems, don’t miss out on this deal!
This unit is considered quite robust, and the price
represents a significant discount from new! Feature-Rich Modem... the Industry Leader!
- Fast, full featured and upgradable to PACTOR III. Send email, transfer files, real-time data links. The PTC-IIpro modem from Special Communications Systems is the multimode data interface between your PC and radio equipment.
- SCS PTC modems use PACTOR II mode, the industry standard, and most robust digital mode available for radio data connections.
- The PTC-IIpro will maintain links in conditions with signal to noise ratios of minus 18 dB, transferring data with absolutely inaudible signals.
- The Pro comes standard with 2mb of ram for incoming data storage, integrated RS-232 and TTL interface for control of common radios and a temperature compensated crystal oscillator for stability.
- The Pro incorporates an audio amplifier for output to a speaker or headphones, which allows the Pro’s powerful DSP to be used with any audio signal.
- Built in ability for GPS position reporting.
- With optional Packet radio modules, the Pro will function as a VHF/UHF modem (up to 19200 baud) and act as a gateway for data between HF and VHF/UHF radios.
- Easily installed with compatible radios from Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, SGC, SEA, Furuno, R&S and others.
- Use the PTC-IIPro with commercial stations worldwide or the international network of Winlink amateur radio operators that support Pactor II.
- PC software for Windows or DOS.
- SCS PTC-IIpro Radio Modem HF / VHF / UHF Multiport • Multimode • Terminal Node Standard Features of the PTC-IIpro Hardware
- Three simultaneously available communication ports: HF and up to two optional VHF/UHF Packet ports.
- Transceiver control port for remote operation of Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, Furuno, R&S and SGC equipment.
- RS-232, TTL and Icom NMEA formats.
- Highly stable temperature-compensated oscillator.
- Makes your PACTOR connection even more stable! 2 MB of static RAM.
- Firmware stored in flash memory.
- Update via RS-232 to a PC.
- 32 bit system with Motorola RISC 68360 processor, 24 bit Motorola DSP 56303 at 100 MHz (100 MIPS).
- Built-in audio amplifier.
- Connect your favorite speaker and use the PTC-IIpro as audio “denoiser”.
- The volume is controlled by software! The PTC-IIpro is fully usable as a DSP filter for all modes with freely programmable sets of parameters (auto peak, auto notch, passband filter, inversion, delay line, function generator and more).
- Equipped for PSK31, FAX (AM, FM, Meteosat), SSTV, CW operation with reception and transmission.
- Modem tones (mark-space) and shift programmable in 1
- Hz steps within all modes.
- Built in ability for automatic GPS position reporting.
- Built in mailbox with comprehensive features.
- Common and simultaneous access from all modes (PACTOR I, II, III, AMTOR, PACKET).
- Mail display at the front panel shows the operator there is new mail.
- Battery backup for the clock and CMOS RAM.
- No mail loss when switched off.
- Software controlled power off function.
- The new OFF command turns the unit off.
- Any character sent to the PTC-IIpro over the serial interface will switch it on again.
- All significant link and controller status are displayed on 15 bi-color LEDs with center function and 10 character dot matrix display on front panel.
- 10 character display for mode, parameters such as call sign of a connecting station, channel-busy detection and much more.
- Comprehensive filtering of all inputs and outputs for excellent electromagnetic compatibility.
- HF <--> VHF/UHF gateway and cross band digipeating with comprehensive and automated link establishment features from remote.
- PACTOR goes PACKET.
- Hostmode, extended hostmode, CRC-hostmode.
- Compatible with most modern PC programs.
- Integrates with FBB/Winlink networking and mailing systems.
- Features of the PACTOR II Mode Automatic frequency tracking allows the same frequency tolerance as with PACTOR I (+/- 80 Hz).
- Newly developed on-line data compression system (PMC) reduces the data transfered by nearly 1/2.
- Fully backwards compatible with all known PACTOR I implementations, including automatic mode recognition and selection.
- The unit always answers in the mode it has been contacted in (PACTOR I, PACTOR II, AMTOR).
- Constraint length 9 convolutional coding is used with full frame interleaving and Viterbi decoder combined with very efficient Memory ARQ algorithms.
- Automatic transceiver output power adaptation to the quality of the HF link and the required data throughput.
- CW operation (RX and TX) with automatic speed adaptation using highly sophisticated DSP algorithms.
- Packet Radio, DSP ModuleVHF / UHF, 300 to 19200 baud G3RUH compatible
- Pre-made PTCpro to radio interconnect cables
- GPS data in “Y” cable
Check your transceiver for compatibility.
- Dimensions 1.69 H x 6.81 W x 8.07 D inches (43 H x 173 W x 205 D mm)
- Weight 25.75 ounces (730g)
- Voltage 12 VDC nominal, 15 VDC max
- Power 3 to 4 watts, depending on options
- PC interface DB9 serial port, 2400 ~ 115200 baud
- Audio out 20 to 3000 Mv, 1K ohm impedance
- Audio in 10 to 2000 Mv p-p. 47k ohms impedance
- Memory 2mb CMOS w/ battery backup
- Operating temp -4 to 122 degrees F -20 to 50 degrees C
- Transceiver minimum switching time is 20ms.
$699.00 + S/H