Cruisers Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2020, 10:16   #1
Registered User
 
powsmias's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Jersey
Boat: Pearson 35
Posts: 477
Jordan Series Drogue

Jordan Drogue pickup only in Jacksonville. 135 cones, looks as if never deployed. Top of the line materials and workmanship. This amount of cones could probably handle 80,000 lbs. displacement. pics to follow, about 10 cones have some rust stains on them. 950.
hope you never need one but this gotta go.
__________________
www.eddiethelock.com
powsmias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:52   #2
Senior Cruiser
 
skipmac's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 29 49.16 N 82 25.82 W
Boat: Pearson 422
Posts: 16,306
Re: Jordan Series Drogue

Is the edge of the large end of the cone turned under and hemmed or just cut and heat sealed edge?
__________________
The water is always bluer on the other side of the ocean.
Sometimes it's necessary to state the obvious for the benefit of the oblivious.
Rust is the poor man's Loctite.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:07   #3
Registered User
 
powsmias's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Jersey
Boat: Pearson 35
Posts: 477
Re: Jordan Series Drogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Is the edge of the large end of the cone turned under and hemmed or just cut and heat sealed edge?

hey mister, hope you're well.. thanx for drive by watch in green cove.. i'm back in jersey as of yesterday and left it with a friend whom you probably know.. great boat guy down there.. if need to take a look, i can ask him if you're ok to call and see it.. al in all this seems very well made
eddie
__________________
www.eddiethelock.com
powsmias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 15:22   #4
Senior Cruiser
 
skipmac's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 29 49.16 N 82 25.82 W
Boat: Pearson 422
Posts: 16,306
Re: Jordan Series Drogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by powsmias View Post
hey mister, hope you're well.. thanx for drive by watch in green cove.. i'm back in jersey as of yesterday and left it with a friend whom you probably know.. great boat guy down there.. if need to take a look, i can ask him if you're ok to call and see it.. al in all this seems very well made
eddie
Thanks. All things considered doing just fine. Spent June - July in New England including a cruise to Maine with son in law in his sport fisherman. So the summer wasn't a total bust.

Drove back to FL last week (don't feel ready to fly yet) to check on the boat, check on the house, etc. I'll be in Green Cove probably tomorrow. Send me a PM if you can arrange for me to see the drogue.

Driving back to MA in a couple of weeks until the end of hurricane season then back to FL for the winter. Hopefully the Bahamas will open up for cruising sometime over the winter. If not I may have to see the keys, maybe out to the Dry Tortugas.
__________________
The water is always bluer on the other side of the ocean.
Sometimes it's necessary to state the obvious for the benefit of the oblivious.
Rust is the poor man's Loctite.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 17:12   #5
Registered User
 
powsmias's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Jersey
Boat: Pearson 35
Posts: 477
Re: Jordan Series Drogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Thanks. All things considered doing just fine. Spent June - July in New England including a cruise to Maine with son in law in his sport fisherman. So the summer wasn't a total bust.

Drove back to FL last week (don't feel ready to fly yet) to check on the boat, check on the house, etc. I'll be in Green Cove probably tomorrow. Send me a PM if you can arrange for me to see the drogue.

Driving back to MA in a couple of weeks until the end of hurricane season then back to FL for the winter. Hopefully the Bahamas will open up for cruising sometime over the winter. If not I may have to see the keys, maybe out to the Dry Tortugas.
will get you info in a day or two
thnx
__________________
www.eddiethelock.com
powsmias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:58   #6
Registered User
 
powsmias's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Jersey
Boat: Pearson 35
Posts: 477
Re: Jordan Series Drogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Thanks. All things considered doing just fine. Spent June - July in New England including a cruise to Maine with son in law in his sport fisherman. So the summer wasn't a total bust.

Drove back to FL last week (don't feel ready to fly yet) to check on the boat, check on the house, etc. I'll be in Green Cove probably tomorrow. Send me a PM if you can arrange for me to see the drogue.

Driving back to MA in a couple of weeks until the end of hurricane season then back to FL for the winter. Hopefully the Bahamas will open up for cruising sometime over the winter. If not I may have to see the keys, maybe out to the Dry Tortugas.
lookin at pics i believe they're heat hemmed
__________________
www.eddiethelock.com
powsmias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:00   #7
Registered User
 
powsmias's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Jersey
Boat: Pearson 35
Posts: 477
Re: Jordan Series Drogue

message with email for pics
__________________
www.eddiethelock.com
powsmias is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drogue

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Drogue Besides Jordan Series Drogue? OrangeCrush Seamanship & Boat Handling 14 22-06-2019 16:58
Jordan Series Drogue vs Paratech Sea Anchor toelpel Seamanship & Boat Handling 114 26-11-2015 14:27
Jordan Series Drogue vs Para-Anchor ? markpj23 Health, Safety & Related Gear 5 30-10-2011 20:17
For Sale: Jordan Series Drogue Sirocco Classifieds Archive 8 15-07-2011 14:20

Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.