Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-10-2017, 17:06   #1

Boat: Tartan 33
Heart Interface Link 2000 Monitor, Shunt & Misc.

This thing is for sale. I took this off my boat because I think something is wrong with it. My starting and house batteries were identical. I have a Heart Interface Freedom 10 inverter/charger charging them through an ACR. The batteries almost never got to the float stage, and when I checked them with a hydrometer I had a dead cell in each battery.

I bought new identical batteries, and the charger again never got to the float stage. I read the manual, reset the microprocessor, etc., but the Link 2000 was still acting weird. It showed the voltage on each battery, but what it showed was slightly lower than what I measured at the battery terminals. The Low Battery indicator would come on intermittently when I know the batteries were fully charged. It would show amps in and out accurately on the house bank, but show crazy numbers for the starting battery.

I have no idea what is wrong with this monitor, but something is amiss. I bought a new remote and the inverter/charger now works like it's supposed to.

IF YOU WANT THIS, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT IT'S ACTING WEIRD. I'M SELLING IT BECAUSE I DO NOT TRUST IT NOT TO FRY MY BATTERIES!

Please know something about these electronic things, or have some magic trick to make it work, or just have a need for some parts. You get the Link 2000, the shunt, an unopened 25' phone cable, the original manual, and about two meters of the wiring harness.

I will not accept more than $20 plus actual shipping for this.

Also, I can't figure out how to post photos, but I have some if you're interested. P.M. me with an e-mail address and I'll get them to you.

Thanks!
Old 20-10-2017, 17:15   #2

Boat: Tartan 33
Re: Heart Interface Link 2000 Monitor, Shunt & Misc.

Item sold. Thanks!

Tags
monitor