Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-03-2021, 12:29   #16

Boat: Proactively waiting to find out!
Re: Boat Sitting NE Florida

I see. That makes sense!

I enjoy sailing, but I'll leave the arctic expeditions to you guys! LOL

I don't know why I was thinking I was generally talking to people in Florida. But yeah, governments and creditors tend to want to know where they can get their hand on us and our stuff. They like to control us to the point of ownership, it seems.

I do have some friends in Florida...maybe I can rent a room the size of a mailbox from them. LOL.

Thanks again!
ScottyMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2021, 12:46   #17

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: Boat Sitting NE Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyMR View Post
I enjoy sailing, but I'll leave the arctic expeditions to you guys! LOL
Oh, it's not that bad ... during the warm months . The nice thing up my my current way (Newfoundland), you're never fighting for a space in the anchorage. Heck, during my last sailing season I shared an anchorage exactly once the whole season.

Quote:
I don't know why I was thinking I was generally talking to people in Florida. But yeah, governments and creditors tend to want to know where they can get their hand on us and our stuff. They like to control us to the point of ownership, it seems.
Yes indeed. Institutions hate vagabonds. Much harder to control us. And just to note, this is an international forum. I'm Canadian, but we have cruisers from all over the world.

Quote:
I do have some friends in Florida...maybe I can rent a room the size of a mailbox from them. LOL.
There ya go . Just make sure they're stable folks. You'd hate to learn you moved without you even knowing .

Good luck with the boat, and house sitting. If I can answer any other questions about the lifestyle, just ask. But probably best just to check out some of the house sitting websites. They spell it all out fairly clearly.

Tags
boat, florida