Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-11-2020, 15:01   #1

Boat: Hinckley Picnic Boat - Classic
Aires WInd Vane System

I have an Aires wind vane system for sale. I have owned the device for over 20 years and never got around to installing it on my Nic 35. All the parts are available - complete inventory will be provided to prospective buyers. Two vanes included. All new bushings/bearings.

It is time to get this device back to sea.

Entire System - $1500USD

Any shipping is in addition to the purchase price.

The device is located in Connecticut USA.

Thank you for looking.
Old 17-11-2020, 15:45   #2

Re: Aires WInd Vane System

Hi Moana,
This community has seen a number of scam attempts in regard to wind vanes and other expensive items. Considering this is your first and only post so far, it would be very helpful to you and others if you provide detailed pictures and some proof of the item being in your possession - for example a picture of a fresh local newspaper in the add or a piece of paper with "Cruiser's Forum" written on it just to show that you do actually have the item.
Old 17-11-2020, 16:44   #3

I feel like scamming on this forum is over, by now almost everyone knows these tricks it’s likely one individual doing the majority of these scams they’re trying to get creative reading posts about how they went wrong, thinking that will help improve on said scams. But the reality is their hustle is done.

I’m not saying this post is a scam just you know, your very first post after joining today is selling a $1500 item...makes us question the validity of the sale.

If It is indeed a scam perhaps best you move on now. It’s getting old
Old 18-11-2020, 02:59   #4

Thank you George and Rog -

It made me feel like everybody was shooting the messenger last week with that Alabama guy who turned ouy to be legit!

To the Whole Forum: Please be very, VERY cautious with windvane ads - especially when the poster has just joined the Forum and they have only one post. That's the first red flag.

There were two scam ads last week alone.

Warmly,
LittleWing77
Old 18-11-2020, 05:20   #5

I will post pictures later today. This is not a scam at all. I am helping an older friend clear his inventory of tools and other things, including the wind vane. I posted the notice before taking pictures to start the process. I have a long proven track record on AirBNB and now Facebook/Marketplace. Happy to provide more details - but hopefully pictures will go a long way to prove my veracity. My friend had the Aries for his Camper Nicholson 35 - but never mounted it - as his long range ocean sailing was interrupted by work and family. More to follow.
Old 19-11-2020, 03:48   #6

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoanaHaka View Post
I will post pictures later today.
I think that's a great idea.

As you can probably gather, the forum has had problem with scammers trying to sell non existent wind vanes recently.

However, that is no reason why you shouldn't sell yours. Some good recent photos, perhaps with a copy of a local newspaper in the back ground would be a good move.

Pete
Old 19-11-2020, 06:22   #7

I actually made a new post - There are five pictures - happy to provide more as needed. Did not think about the newspaper idea. I can change a picture with a posting showing timely date.... Thank you for the idea. Best
Old 19-11-2020, 07:04   #8

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Ok, understood.

Here is the link to the new thread with the pictures. I will close this thread or it gets complicated.

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ne-242673.html
Closed Thread

Tags
wind, wind vane