Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2019, 16:55   #91

Boat: Still building
Re: Whats the RULES!!

After reading about the twin-Lewis .303 M/G mount concealed in a 44-gallon drum used by clandestine WWII 'Shetland Bus' fishing boats, I've wanted one - badly.....

Apparently a coil of rope concealed the slit around the lid. Knocking the lid off enabled the spring-loaded mount to pop up and shields then folded out to protect the gunner.

Would be even more awesome if you could do it with .50 cal Brownings....

Apparently several of them were checked by German coastal patrols without realising there were twin M/Gs hidden in the drum.

A tube filled with oil directly below the cap meant you could open it and see oil and even dip a stick in.

Drum was concrete lined to protect gunner, so sounded full when rapped by knuckles or hammer.

So, my RULE, is "no guns UNLESS they're concealed twin M/Gs on a pop-up mounting".

Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 16:39   #92

LOL!!!

nsw...... I don't think it's your rule that's no guns.

Now that this thread is wandering all over the place, and thats fine, but before any of you start getting worked up, knickers in a twist, skirts all a flutter...and the angry labels start being thrown about.......go back and read my original post.

I started this thread because some thin skinned folks started tossing nasty labels my way............so keep your sense of humour intact......or just stay quiet.....please.

Thank you in advance.
Allied39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 17:31   #93

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
We have one new weird rule following last summers guests from hell issues. As for non-paying guests, we now only allow “blue collar worker” types like ourselves.... no more snobs who think they’re above pitching in and helping out.

When we have charter guests, that’s different and they can expect first rate service with us catering to their every need and desire.
I was curious so...

"A registered nurse with a (BSN, RN) as you intimate is considered a white collar position. ... In most cases the difference between white collar and blue collar designation is based on education , historically."
https://www.quora.com/Is-being-a-nur...ite-collar-job

But I get where you're coming from
Old 05-01-2019, 04:50   #94
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

"DON'T STEP ON THE DUCKS"

Three young women in there thirties are on a road trip and are tearing down the freeway. unfortunatley, they lose control, the car flips over the guard rail on to the opposite lanes and gets smashed by an eighteen wheeler.

Up at the pearly gates, all three of them are greeted by St. Peter. He tells them. "All of you led very good lives down on earth, so all of you will be asmitted into paradise. The only rule: "DON'T STEP ON THE DUCKS."

Confused, they all ask "Um ... what?"

St. Peter says "If you step on one duck, it quacks. If a duck quacks, other ducks will start quacking, and ... well ... you'll see."

With that, the gates opened and the three waltzed inside. And, sure enough, All of heaven is covered with ducks. there is almost no room to walk with the millions of ducks.

A day of careful stepping later, the first woman steps on a duck. Seconds later, every single duck in heaven is quacking. It's so loud the women aren't suprised if earth could hear it. Hours later, when the quacking ceased, an angel appears with a very ugly man and chains him to the lady and tells her this is her eternal punishment for the duck-stepping.

Not wanting the same fate, the other two women become very cautious for the next week, but sure enough, the second lady steps on a duck.

She gets the same punishment as the first lady.

The third lady becomes so careful that, a year-and-a-half later, she is still duck-free. Then, an angel appears next to her with a very handsome man and chains him to her.

Thinking that this must be a reward for her good-doing she asks the man gleefully "What did I do to deserve this?"

And the man replies with a grimace,

"I don't know about you,
but I stepped on a duck."

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 21:52   #95

Boat: Bavaria 35E

one additional rule, in particular: No bling (sparkle, studs, etc.) on the backside of pants or belts. It tears upholstery and scratches the gel coat.
nightowle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 23:30   #96
Marine Service Provider

the sitting rule is solved by having a female only crew and when there is No wind there will be plenty of fish.
wtmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:44   #97

Boat: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowle View Post
one additional rule, in particular: No bling (sparkle, studs, etc.) on the backside of pants or belts. It tears upholstery and scratches the gel coat.
Good one! Had one guy with a sharp, metal design on his belt buckle leaning up against a fiberglass companionway hatch for one trip. The scratches never came out.

At one point I had to ban ball-point pens. People kept leaving the caps off, and putting them down on the vinyl seats, with predictable results.
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 08:16   #98

Boat: Parkstone Bay 21

On any boat, sail or power, all finger rings come off and live safely somewhere else (Chart table; chain around neck, INSIDE clothing, etc). That way the ring stays safe, and the finger stays safe.
parkstone bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 12:20   #99

Boat: Sigma 36

All very worthy but I sail for fun - thus along with peeing in the cockpit drain or scuppers we only have one rule that I wear on a T Shirt ceremonially on the first day for new crew: - MY BOAT MY RULES.
GBR134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rule