Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2009, 19:43   #16
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Remember that good dive spots are dangerous anchorages… (Reefs and strong currents)….so get used to diving from your dingy as rtbates suggests.

For diving I use a grapple type anchor with a large dive flag buoy where the tender bow line clips on to the buoy for easy getaway.

Depending on surface conditions once hooked and in the water, if sloppy or poor security for the grapple, I use the extra bight on the trip line to better secure the anchor, (the last 20 feet of the trip line is chafe protected.)

At the end of the dive, once my dive partner is in the dingy, I swim down the rode and set up the grapple for easy release.

Getting in and out without gear is easy… most leave fins on and just kick up but for heavier people a T ladder that clamps around the rib handle gives them enough of a boost
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scuba