Originally Posted by wingssail
1. I wonder how MediaHuman can extract a YouTube video's audio track without playing the video? Doesn't that take the full length of time?
2. Meta data (tags) yes, that's what they are. Does MediaHuman fill in these tags?
3. Finally, can you use it to play and extract a whole album as it was recorded by the artist?
1. I'm far from an IT specialist, although my wife thinks I am because I figured out Windows eons ago and it drives her crazy when I ask "which of the three ways it can do it do you want me to show you?" I am no expert of MH nor how it works. But I can tell you that just like my earlier thing that was called iVideoConverter, it can download EITHER video OR audio files, your choice. I would venture to say almost ANY converter will do so. My experience level is with only these two of them, but who wouldn't guess all of them would?
Time: do I need to repeat myself? NO. It does not take as long as the track. Please, ask them if you want to know the voodoo beneath the hood
. All I can say is it ain't like recording with a cassette. WAIT: it doesn't take iTunes the length of a CD to rip the entire contents now, does it? Bloody MAGIC!
2. Yes, whatever comes with the YouTube content.
3. Yes, whatever comes with the YouTube content. Some folks upload single
tracks to YT, some upload entire albums. You download what you want. I thought that would be obvious, although I'm no YT fanatic, in fact I dislike it for all the useless wasted time on HowTo videos made by idiots, who for example show you how to do stuff while their hands are in the way!
You go to YouTube for the artist, and there may be all sorts of different offerings - singles, whole albums, live recordings usually with rotten sound, sometimes one-off stuff you'd never find anywhere else (David Letterman with Emmylou, Dolly and Linda - marvelous) and so on.
Look, I don't have any vested interest in MH, it's probably one of hundreds of free converters - find it using Google
. Why not give it a try? I ain't any expert on it, but it works, and I'm a Luddite when it comes to this stuff - I had to make up my own cheat sheet so I could remember how to do it - I use it once every few months when I find a gaggle of stuff I get interested in.
Good luck, happy tunes to you.