Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-01-2014, 07:52   #1

Boat: Catalina 30
In addition to Libations and winter boredom

After reading a few other threads about Libations, Mai Tai recipes, and being sick of the winter I figured I would jump on the band wagon.

A few years ago we started a game on board our vessel during an annual party week we have and then we started making it an official duty of all people on board.

Attached is a copy of our rule book that we have on board printed out in a binder that every passenger has to read when they arrive. This isn't the most up to date version but it's what I have access to right now.

Each winter when I get bored I add more rules to make the game more interesting and some how people actually follow them. It is a funny read and can be entertaining.

Also before anyone gets huffy yes there is always a D.D. on board and we always practice safe boating procedures. Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: doc Vessel Rules.doc (35.0 KB, 93 views)
Old 31-01-2014, 08:17   #2

Boat: Various
Re: In addition to Libations and winter boredom

Wifey B: I don't mean this rudely but I have to ask, "If the objective is just to get drunk, then why do you need a boat?"

My hubby and I drink occasionally but I've been amazed at how the evenings at many marinas just turn into happy hours and drink fests and how many people drink every day. I just want to enjoy the water and boating and not be buzzed or hung over to do so.

When we lived on a lake it was really bad on weekends and every serious accident I'm aware of involved alcohol. I was pleased to see you use a designated driver. Now I'll think like my hubby for a moment too. You serve large amounts of alcohol and then the person gets injured or falls in and drowns and you've taken on huge liability.

We party at home periodically and we drink occasionally when cruising, when we don't plan to move the boat the next day. I just don't grasp the heavy drinking on boats I see.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 08:29   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: I don't mean this rudely but I have to ask, "If the objective is just to get drunk, then why do you need a boat?"

My hubby and I drink occasionally but I've been amazed at how the evenings at many marinas just turn into happy hours and drink fests and how many people drink every day. I just want to enjoy the water and boating and not be buzzed or hung over to do so.

When we lived on a lake it was really bad on weekends and every serious accident I'm aware of involved alcohol. I was pleased to see you use a designated driver. Now I'll think like my hubby for a moment too. You serve large amounts of alcohol and then the person gets injured or falls in and drowns and you've taken on huge liability.

We party at home periodically and we drink occasionally when cruising, when we don't plan to move the boat the next day. I just don't grasp the heavy drinking on boats I see.
Its one of those things that "if you have to ask........"

I understand how some don't get it but as a little background almost everyone that partakes is a veteran (just to give you a typical mentality background), it started and primarily tends to stay when we do our annual "guys week" party. No spouses or women allowed, sort of like a spring break for husbands ages currently ranging from 30-70.

Also where there is a sober captain it would be no different if someone fell off sober and drowned.

My wife doesn't get it either but she tolerates it.
Old 31-01-2014, 10:30   #4

Boat: Cabo Rico 45 build #005
Send a message via Skype™ to stevec195

After that much drinking, who can remember the rules?
stevec195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 10:32   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec195 View Post
After that much drinking, who can remember the rules?
That's the fun of it. Each year it gets harder and harder, you find yourself thinking everything out before you talk......to be honest though usually each morning or after a few days of it we tend to get pretty lax on the rules