Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-11-2018, 15:05   #1

Boat: DownEaster 38
Fun Route to Panama?

Good friends are now cruising from Mexico towards the Panama Canal, then into the Caribbean and eventually over to the Med. For that first leg, from Puerto Vallarta to Panama which are the good spots not to miss and which spots should be missed. They are signed up with the Panama Posse which should provide such info, but I thought the wise salts who lurk here might have some good tips. Weather tips appreciated too. Thanks in advance.
bobmcd625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 15:55   #2

Boat: Seafarer36c
Re: Fun Route to Panama?

I think you should hit every anchorage between PV and Panama. There are at least 56 and I know we missed some because we like to spend the whole day sailing. However we didn't have a refer at the time, so we sometimes stopped for ice during the day. You can actually get block ice along the remote parts of the MX coast. The fishermen need it.
We tried, but warm (90F) cheap beer and wine is really bad whereas cold cheap beer and wine is pretty good.
model 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 14:12   #3

Boat: Jeanneau 349, FP 47, Sense 50, J 42ds
Re: Fun Route to Panama?

Barra de Navidad area which is not too far south of PV. Votes 3 to 1 over PV. Skip Acalpulco. You might get killed there.
Zzmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fun, Panama, route