Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2014, 11:03   #1

Boat: Pearson Wanderer
Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show

So I've been told by most of the cruisers I have met, that the Sailboat Show in Annapolis is something I should attend at least once. I am not looking for the latest and greatest piece of equipment for my boat now but I would be interested if someone was replacing their functional equipment with the latest and greatest and possibly willing to sell theirs at a much reduced price. Is this just a fantasy of mine or is it actually possible? Should I instead of asking random people be more focused on say the technicians that would be installing them and see if they have any for sale? Or should I just keep surfing craigslist, ebay, and our wonderful classified forum for a part that I need.

Top of the list is depth, speed, and wind systems digital over 5-10 years. This is not really an items wanted post but I want to know if it would be possible to find and buy second hand items at the Sailboat Show.

I do also plan on going to get ideas and some more DIY projects.

Any tips are of course greatly appreciated, and if anyone else is going hope to see you there!
Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 12:38   #2

Boat: islandpacket
Re: Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show

Post your location and maybe some one can suggest some used boat parts place near you.
I like the boat show to get inspiration and to check out new stuff. I have gotten some great stuff at the SSCA yard sale. Other nautical flea markets are not advertised well and hard to find. I have gotten great stuff on Ebay. Just ask questions and make sure it fits. Good luck and enjoy the hunt.
Old 18-04-2014, 13:12   #3

I believe the show you've heard about is the Annapolis Sailboat Show in the fall - which is an annual pilgrimage for some. I don't know anyone who's been to the one in the spring (although I assume locals go).

There's not much in the way of used equipment at the fall show. It's primarily new boats and equipment exhibited by the manufacturers.
CarlF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 14:07   #4

Boat: Island Packet 380 - Delta Blues

The Spring boat show is much smaller than the one in the fall. It used to be a non-event, but sponsors have been building up in recent years. It don’t believe this year’s has used gear, at least I didn’t see anything about that on their website.

Welcome to The Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show | Annapolis Boat Shows

https://sailingdeltablues.com/
dennisjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, boat show, sail, sailboat