Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Forum News & Announcements
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 16:01   #1
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Please Welcome Our Newest Moderators

We're pleased to announce the expansion of the Cruisers Forum site staff with the addition of three new moderators to the team. The following members have graciously agreed to serve in this voluntary position in the interest of keeping CF the finest Forum of its kind on the internet.

Your newest moderators are:

Cotemar

CaptForce is a full-time cruiser aboard his Morgan Out Island 41, Aythya, currently cruising the east coast of the US from Maine to the Bahamas; Cotemar is an engineer from Connecticut who owns both a Catalina 380 and a Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36, Catatude; newt is an MD from Utah who sails his ComPac 23 on the Great Salt Lake, as well as a gorgeous Valiant 40, Beth of Bellingham, on Puget Sound. CF member Charlie Cobra did a beautiful job refitting and restoring Beth for newt.

Cruisers Forum is growing by leaps and bounds, and with over 38,000 members now, extra help in the back room is greatly appreciated. Please make welcome our newest mods, and let them know that you appreciate their efforts, as well.

TaoJones
Old 01-09-2010, 16:25   #2

Commiserations to the three of you for failing to resist the call over to the "other" side...

Click image for larger version

Name:	empir.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	18865

Seriously though, thanks for putting your hands up, and I hope to avoid being responsible for anything you need to clean up around here.
paradix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 16:45   #3

Location: Landlocked for now in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
Boat: Home building project just starting.
Good show! glad to hear you'll be covering my as... Back side in the threads. You guys really do make this place work so thanks to all our mods!
Old 03-09-2010, 18:24   #4
CF Adviser

Boat: Boatless, for now, Cat enthusiast
So, you folks got suckered into it, eh? Too much time on your hands? Suffering from the delusion that you can somehow bring order to chaos?

Just don't let yourself become like the antagonists in this statement:

Sorry, couldn't resist putting in a link to one my favorite recent covers of a timeless classic. Besides, it might give you a chance to do your first "moderation" chore!

Seriously, welcome. The heavy lifting is appreciated.

ID

Observations are gold; hypotheses, silver; and conclusions, bronze.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.--Ben Franklin

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.--Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Intentional Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 18:43   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 "Happy Days"
Send a message via Yahoo to capngeo Send a message via Skype™ to capngeo
Congrats or condolences which ever the case may be. I Mod on a couple other sites and at times it can be NO FUN! Especially when you have to bite your tongue as a "staff" member, when normal people will let it rip! On the flip side, you guys (and gals) DO make a site run well!
Old 03-09-2010, 18:51   #6
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Thanks guys for taking part in the “behind the scene housekeeping”, that most of us rarely notice, simply because it is done with quiet finesse, instead of drama.

Great choices Tao and the rest of the CF team!
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 19:33   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Thanks to you three for signing up. It's terrific to have you all looking after the anchoring and 'guns aboard' threads
estarzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 00:59   #8
CF Adviser

Boat: 14 meter sloop
Appreciatve salutations to the new mods! Here's hoping that you find your new duties as rewarding as they will be challenging. Cheers!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:38   #9

Boat: Long range motor cruiser
Thank you, you guys deserve a whole load more thanks than you'll probably get. One consolation, you can be at the front of the line when the burgee starts shipping

P.
The message is the journey, we are sure the answer lies in the destination. But in reality, there is no station, no place to arrive at once and for all. The joy of life is the trip, and the station is a dream that constantly out distances us”. Robert Hastings, The Station
fishwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:30   #10

Boat: Vamos, a Ranger 28 Tall Rig
burgee? <perk> what burgee?!
WillJacocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:30   #11
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Thanks to CaptForce, Cotemar, & newt for helping to keep the CF the best forum of it’s kind.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:16   #12

Boat: Challenger Anacapa 42
Good news! Great choices for sure, with a ton of experience to back them up. The Mods are so important to the quality and "feel" of Cruisers Forum. From what I have read from these three recruits, I think they are more then capable of carrying on the grand tradition. Of course, to make a better judgement, we will need the following:

1. What type of main anchor do you each use?
2. Please list the make and caliber of each gun aboard...

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!
Christian Van H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:01   #13

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora
My laptop is set to detect the word "burgee". Atleast now Newt can give away fish to people who dingy up to Beth in response to the rare and elusive "Burgee". I look forward to having my knuckles rapped by all three new Mods (hopefully not at the same time).

Todd
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:21   #14

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter
Congrats to the three of you. From what I can remember of your posts, it seems like good choices to me. And now you can participate in the back room fun, which I've always imagined to be something like so.

Old 04-09-2010, 14:16   #15

Boat: Fastback 43
I can't say much that hasn't already been said. A good forum requires a good balance between intervention and freedom. This is the best site for valuable cruising information because the mods have the right balance. Thanks for volunteering!!!
bix85 is offline   Reply With Quote