Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Forum News & Announcements
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-10-2006, 11:57   #1
Captain

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via MSN to Andy R Send a message via Skype™ to Andy R
Help Spread the Word About Cruisers Forum !

Our community continues to grow with many new quality sailors (and wannabes) each month. The amount of information exchanged is really amazing and we are creating an outstanding archive of sailing information.

In order to keep growing you help in spreading the word about Cruisers Forum would be greatly appreciated. A great way to spread the word is to tell people about Cruisers Forum when you are at the Marina or having a conversation with another sailer that might not know about Cruisers Forum. Another way to help spread the word is to link back to us if you have a website or post links to relevant discussions on social bookmarking sites like Digg, del.icio.us, and furl (see a list of these sites at wikipedia here).

The more links we have back to our community the better. It will make us more connected in "the web" which helps in so many ways.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2006, 04:47   #2
Building a Bateau TW28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bateau TW28 Long Cabin
Calling - Hailing cards

We have boat calling (hailing) cards that we pass out to the nice people we meet when we're cruising. We've probably passed out a couple of dozen in the last couple of years. We put the CF URL on them to help spread the word. Every little bit helps.

Rick
knottybuoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2006, 10:22   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
Rick, you haven't been passing them out to the spammers have you ;-)
Board members, if only you knew how hard the team is working in the background removing spam. Some gets through for a short time, but the majority is stopped dead in it's tracks before it gets onto the board. Special thanks to the team involved, I won't go blowing your trumpets in public. ;-)

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2006, 10:54   #4
Building a Bateau TW28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bateau TW28 Long Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Wheeler
Rick, you haven't been passing them out to the spammers have you ;-)
Board members, if only you knew how hard the team is working in the background removing spam. Some gets through for a short time, but the majority is stopped dead in it's tracks before it gets onto the board. Special thanks to the team involved, I won't go blowing your trumpets in public. ;-)
Don't like spammers Wheels. Can smell 'em a mile away. I nailed a few this morning that nobody saw. Think Thomas has about a dozen under his belt since the weekend. Scott even got himself one I saw. They're persistant lil' buggers but we nab em as soon as we see 'em! Only rarely does one get through to actually post something. We've been able to identify some trends they follow to ID them right away so the regular forum visitors wouldn't have any idea they've even been here.

Just be thankful we don't have anybody trying to hack into the server(s). I had our main internet site hacked twice in the last week and spent hours tracking him to Turkey. I've been able to shut him out now but it was a real nuisance with the security types (RCMP & CSIS) involved. *sigh*
knottybuoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2006, 21:01   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: CyberYacht 43
How about a Tee shirt...

I would not mind having a Tee shirt with Cruisers Forum web site on the back and my boat name on the front pocket, real spivvy like.
If you could line up a printer and some OK coloured shirts we could buy them online.
Of course mine would have to be XXX.
Boracay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 04:05   #6

Boat: Prout Manta 38' Catamaran - Sunspot Baby
I have a link to the forum on my web site, mentioned it in our seminar in New Bern last week, and it was on the links included on our disk sold at the seminar.

I think this forum is great and tell anyone I can every chance I get.

Between spam filters and a rapid response with the delete key, I have become blasé about spam. It is now little more than a minor irritant. An unfortunate fact of on-line life.

George
Bob Seger
Sunspot Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 05:52   #7
Captain

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via MSN to Andy R Send a message via Skype™ to Andy R
I think t-shirts would be great. We are planning to have a professional logo made and then we can figure out the t-shirts.

Also, I would like to awknowledge the mod and admin team for doing a great job with SPAMMERS and continue to keep smooth sailing ahead for the forums. Online communities require good leadership and our team is well balanced and we learn everyday more about how to manage CF.

George, thanks a lot for letting the people at New Bern know about Cruisers Froum. That is a perfect venue to spread the word and get new members to join the community. The more sailers we have, the more knowledge we will exchange. It's all really just amazing.

Oh, another good thing is to include a link to Cruisers Forum from your signature on other sites you may participate on. Keep it discrete and don't violate any other sites policies (please) but if they allow links in signatures, that would be a great way to spread the word...
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 08:20   #8
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R
I think t-shirts would be great. We are planning to have a professional logo made and then we can figure out the t-shirts. ...
Make certain they have POCKETS.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 09:37   #9

Boat: Far East Mariner 40
Tee Shirts would be great! Of course I would need a XXXXL, just for my shoulders you know.
Islandmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2006, 15:12   #10

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered
Just put a link to this site on the end of my signature on a Property forum we participate in, reckon some of these people might have enough $$$$ to be into boats.

Dave
Old 21-12-2006, 06:02   #11

Boat: feeling kerie 10:40
Send a message via AIM to uncle_fred Send a message via MSN to uncle_fred Send a message via Yahoo to uncle_fred Send a message via Skype™ to uncle_fred
i have added you to my web site but that idea with the t-shirts think it´s great
Old 21-12-2006, 07:41   #12

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman
If you have a serious need for a logo, I've an ex Art Director of a large PR company who might be happy to come up with some ideas free of charge. Let me know.
JOHN
Old 21-12-2006, 09:33   #13
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
John:
Some free ideas for a CF logo would be most welcome!

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2006, 16:04   #14
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Andy, if you are more interested in the PR and less in the rag trade...Most of the large vendors (LandsEnd, LLBean) will arrange with you to digitzie your logo and offer it as custom embroidery--often at no charge--to members who order clothing directly from them.

Which also gives the members a great variety of size/color/fabric etc to choose from.

Then there are places like Zazzle and CafePress, where the inventory is limited but you get a piece back on every sale, and still not deal with inventory.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 11:51   #15

Boat: Irwin 325
I would like to post a link on my website back to CF. I have been searching the posts for information about a small logo for CF to use, and haven't found anything about small logos to use. Any help would be great.
CapnTony is offline   Reply With Quote