Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Forum News & Announcements
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2008, 20:02   #1

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cape Dory 27
Attachment trouble - server update

We're doing some server maintenance over the next few hours. You may experience difficulty loading attachments during this time and/or receive error messages when trying to attach pictures. Sorry for the inconvenience - but hopefully this will be straightened out quickly.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 20:05   #2

Boat: Designing a global explorer (full keel & steel)
Hi,

FYI: I've noticed that some posts are in the wrong date/time order.
exfishnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 22:11   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cape Dory 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by exfishnz View Post
Hi,

FYI: I've noticed that some posts are in the wrong date/time order.
Thanks for the report. Hopefully, this has been fixed. Still working on the images....
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 06:14   #4
Obsfucator, Second Class

Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Thanks for the report. Hopefully, this has been fixed. Still working on the images....
Janet,

Posts that were made during that period seem to have the wrong timestamp on them and are still out of order. But I bet that's something you can't go back and fix, unless you have some field to determine order other than the timestamp. I'm not familiar with the inner workings of forum software, so I got no idea.

The example is:

In this thread I quoted post 227. It showed up as post 212. (I them added to the problem with post 213).

As I said, I don't think this is something you can fix (other than on a post by post basis ), so I'm just telling you for informational purposes. Or in case I am wrong and the IS a way to fix it.

Thanks for all your hard work!

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 06:52   #5
Captain

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via MSN to Andy R Send a message via Skype™ to Andy R
Dan, you are right, the posts made during a 30 minute period were inserted into the discussions last night in the wrong place. This is because the clock on a server the site was moved to was off. We got it fixed pretty quickly but unfortunately the posts made in that window are now lost in the wrong place and there is no easy way to get them back in the right place.

Regarding the attachments (and post time) everything should be working properly again. We still have a few odds and ends to finish up on the server work that is being done (switching from lighttp to Apache for our web server + adding another server to the load balancer). Once done we should be in very good shape for a long period of time and the site should be quite speedy.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 13:16   #6
Obsfucator, Second Class

Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
Dan, you are right, the posts made during a 30 minute period were inserted into the discussions last night in the wrong place. This is because the clock on a server the site was moved to was off. We got it fixed pretty quickly but unfortunately the posts made in that window are now lost in the wrong place and there is no easy way to get them back in the right place.

Regarding the attachments (and post time) everything should be working properly again. We still have a few odds and ends to finish up on the server work that is being done (switching from lighttp to Apache for our web server + adding another server to the load balancer). Once done we should be in very good shape for a long period of time and the site should be quite speedy.
Cool. From the end-user perspective, it went pretty smooth. Nice job.

Thanks for the hard work! And if I am deducing correctly from who has been replying, there was at least one other person involved in this. Thanks, Janet H!

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote