Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-06-2022, 06:28   #31

Re: UK Boat Registration for EU Sailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapanui View Post
Going back to the OPs original question, the country of registration has no relevance to the Free Circulation (VAT status) of the boat in the EU. Any registration can be used. What counts is the tax status of the boat and that the owner is not resident in the EU.
SSR is cheap and easy to do online and the certificate is emailed. I know of Aussies with British Passports who have done this. From memory, you might need a UK address, but not sure if that is used.
18 month Temporary Importation for the boat is no biggy, at least in Croatia. You take the boat out to 12nm limit, take a photo of the chart plotter screen and report back to the harbour master.
Doesn't it depend on residency? An EU resident can't use Temporary Admission for a UK VAT paid yacht.
st599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2022, 09:37   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapanui View Post
18 month Temporary Importation for the boat is no biggy, at least in Croatia. You take the boat out to 12nm limit, take a photo of the chart plotter screen and report back to the harbour master.
I'd love to know if this is a common/widespread experience, and in which countries/ports this approach is reliable. Not having to build in trips to Tunisia/Turkey/Channel Islands/Norway would make a huge difference to viable cruising plans.
Flobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2022, 09:40   #33

Seems like there are a few workarounds/glitches to exploit. For what it is worth, I was able to register my boat in the UK, £35 registration fee for 5 years. Compared to the Polish or Australian fees I was considering. Process was smooth, followed up with a phone call and got the boat approved as I waited... ����
PetrichorKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 01:04   #34

Boat: CARABELA 650, previous Colvic Springtide 24 - modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrichorKev View Post
Thanks for the information. Seems the only issue is the payment. It would be with an Australian credit card so that makes it liable for scrutiny. I believe that keeping it Polish (current registration) is less of an issue with that.
Hi, surly keeping the Polish flag is the best solution, but remember you need to change the owner in the Polish Reja24 register and obtain the new Registration Certificate issued on your name.
Another issue - when your boat was registered ? - if the registration number is POL12345 and the Boat Certificate is differen from the attached sample - it needs to be re-registered.
You (one) will be asked to show the original of the BoS at the certificate pick-up. I did help a few sailors to do this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Polish Yacht Certificate20210110.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	413.3 KB
ID:	263957  
Old 06-09-2022, 12:59   #35

Boat: Summer Twins 25

90days in any 180 day period still counts for the person, if not the boat, if that is what you are referring to?

I didn’t vote for it, but not unhappy about it either, as it’s the outcome I fully expected. Although it may have a negative effect on my future.
They still stamped my UK Passport in Germany despite being with a residency permit from another! So I had a week added to my Passport despite being in the Germán Airport for only about 15mins.
You can always cruise in places that want your hard earned cash.
Shaneesprit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, registration, sail, sailing