Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 23:45   #1

paperwork for dinghies

Currently in California for the next few weeks and then headed to Mexico for a while then further south. My dinghy (walker bay with a little honda four stroke) doesn't have any paperwork short of the receipt for the outboard.

Anyone ever have any need for that to be registered in anyway on any paperwork? Outside the US only. I've managed to evade the harbor patrol boats who would love to give me a ticket for not having it registered with California but damn the man and all that.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 23:55   #2

Boat: Hylas 47
When I sailed to Mexico in 2009, I had purchased my Achilles RIB without registering it in Ca. The only thing I remember the officials asking about was the serial number of the engine for the temporary import permit. Glad I did it that way, except now I'm back in California with no CF numbers.
john540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 00:13   #3

Re: paperwork for dinghies

Quote:
Originally Posted by john540 View Post
When I sailed to Mexico in 2009, I had purchased my Achilles RIB without registering it in Ca. The only thing I remember the officials asking about was the serial number of the engine for the temporary import permit. Glad I did it that way, except now I'm back in California with no CF numbers.
Yep, we put the outboard serial number on the TIP form. I've never heard of needing more than that, but I'd love to take care of it now in the land of broadband and fancy electronics if I can.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote