Cruisers Forum
 


Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-05-2024, 11:59   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2020
Boat: Jeanneau, SO51
Posts: 55
Panama Zarpe and stamp needed to check in polynesia?

Hi

Do a crew need panama zarpe and exit stamp in their passports to check-in polynesia, if they are EU citizens?

Thanks
BR
CombatDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2024, 13:32   #2
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Stern50
Posts: 31
Re: Panama Zarpe and stamp needed to check in polynesia?

A zarpe is for the ship. A crewlist is also stamped normally, which is also a ship's paper. Individual crew members need clearance out stamp when a entry stamp was given. Or an digital way of clearance at the immigration office when leaving, otherwise this crewmember gets problems next time entering that country (I know, had that experience in Australia)
RonaldL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2024, 21:21   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2020
Boat: Jeanneau, SO51
Posts: 55
Re: Panama Zarpe and stamp needed to check in polynesia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldL View Post
A zarpe is for the ship. A crewlist is also stamped normally, which is also a ship's paper. Individual crew members need clearance out stamp when a entry stamp was given. Or an digital way of clearance at the immigration office when leaving, otherwise this crewmember gets problems next time entering that country (I know, had that experience in Australia)
Thanks for your reply. I know what does it mean every single concept we are talking about here, I have been crusing the world around 10 years. Question is direct and simple: Did you know if zarpe is specifically required for gendarmerie in French Polynesia? yes or no. According other threads here, Gendarmerie doesnt ask for the zarpe. I know to move between SouthAmerica Countries is required.

About the output stamp is the same, with the specific case that we are entering into France and we are Spanish.

I know also that in case to get out of panama without exit stamp, We could have problems to return.

But kindly thanks again for your time!!.
CombatDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2024, 21:36   #4
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 545
Re: Panama Zarpe and stamp needed to check in polynesia?

I needed no zarpe when arriving in Hiva Oa. I did have to show I had a plane ticket to LA in 3 months though.
Eder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2024, 21:52   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2020
Boat: Jeanneau, SO51
Posts: 55
Re: Panama Zarpe and stamp needed to check in polynesia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eder View Post
I needed no zarpe when arriving in Hiva Oa. I did have to show I had a plane ticket to LA in 3 months though.
Please Eder: When you said "I needed no zarpe" you mean, they didnt ask for it specifically?
Did they search for your exit stamp in your passport?

Abotu the plane ticket, I have read in official polynesse web, that if you are not EU citizen , some countries, they ask for the return ticket

Thanks Eder
CombatDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2024, 22:17   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 545
Re: Panama Zarpe and stamp needed to check in polynesia?

Hi Combat Diver
I was not asked for any zarpe,no exit stamp. I was asked where I was coming from, my passport, assurance I would leave French Polynesia.
I bought a ticket from French Bee for wife & myself that was cancelable without penalty. That satisfied customs.
No real need to formally exit when you leave either if you head to Hawaii from here...a lot of waiting & paperwork for no reason and the USA doesn't care about any exit paperwork.(Do pitch all your food before arriving unless you use Hilo...they don't care.)
Eder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2024, 11:56   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2020
Boat: Jeanneau, SO51
Posts: 55
Re: Panama Zarpe and stamp needed to check in polynesia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eder View Post
Hi Combat Diver
I was not asked for any zarpe,no exit stamp. I was asked where I was coming from, my passport, assurance I would leave French Polynesia.
I bought a ticket from French Bee for wife & myself that was cancelable without penalty. That satisfied customs.
No real need to formally exit when you leave either if you head to Hawaii from here...a lot of waiting & paperwork for no reason and the USA doesn't care about any exit paperwork.(Do pitch all your food before arriving unless you use Hilo...they don't care.)
Many thanks for your reply. Sorry for the following question but... what does "HILO" means? sorry for my question, but I dont even get a clue!!
CombatDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2024, 13:33   #8
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 545
Re: Panama Zarpe and stamp needed to check in polynesia?

Sorry...Hilo is the spot to check in if you return to the USA from Polynesia,
They're cool guys working customs there....unlike the purgatory for sailors that Oahu puts on.
Eder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2024, 14:29   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: San Francisco
Boat: Morgan 382
Posts: 3,057
Re: Panama Zarpe and stamp needed to check in polynesia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatDiver View Post
Many thanks for your reply. Sorry for the following question but... what does "HILO" means? sorry for my question, but I dont even get a clue!!
Hilo is the name of a city in Hawaii, that is one of the ports of entry.
__________________
-Warren
wholybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2024, 12:11   #10
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2020
Boat: Jeanneau, SO51
Posts: 55
Re: Panama Zarpe and stamp needed to check in polynesia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholybee View Post
Hilo is the name of a city in Hawaii, that is one of the ports of entry.
Ok thanks both of you!!
CombatDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
Panama

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Panama Zarpe Nauti-Nauti Rules of the Road, Regulations & Red Tape 0 30-10-2014 15:25
Panama to Marquesas ZARPE? oflo Pacific & South China Sea 10 06-04-2014 17:51
Showing Up In French Polynesia With an Old-ish Zarpe rebel heart Rules of the Road, Regulations & Red Tape 18 13-01-2014 22:28
Zarpe Requirement In Panama oldjags Rules of the Road, Regulations & Red Tape 8 25-08-2012 01:28

Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:43.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.