Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-12-2015, 22:57   #76
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Re: New Zealand Arrival Levy

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldmax View Post
Wait till they put a tax on shagging sheep. We'll be able to hear the screams all the way over here.
LOL.....The Lanolin Tax....
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 22:59   #77

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by latka View Post
completely outdated bull! Many Kiwi's currently in Oz are struggling and treated like inferior citizens and are trying to get back home where things are still reasonably fair for the average Joe Blow.
Complete bull indeed.... the immigration flow from Oz to Unzud is a mix of kiwis whose jobs went west with the end of the mining boom and Australian mid level management moving to Unzud to run stuff... plus kiwi citizens who have been given a free ride home after spending more than 12 months in the slammer in Oz.

Things are still 'reasonably fair' in Oz for average 'anybodies' unless they are in the slammer.
Old 24-12-2015, 23:06   #78

Boat: Cape Dory 36, Benford 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlara 3 View Post
AUSKIWI. Is the entrance to Greymouth as unprotected as it looks on G Earth?
You kiddin mate? The Greymouth bar has a terrible reputation for rolling boats of any size. I would even think of trying to cross in other than calm conditions! (Would still need a change of underwear!). I've been in there on 2 occasions, both during prolonged calm weather.
latka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 23:24   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Complete bull indeed.... the immigration flow from Oz to Unzud is a mix of kiwis whose jobs went west with the end of the mining boom and Australian mid level management moving to Unzud to run stuff... plus kiwi citizens who have been given a free ride home after spending more than 12 months in the slammer in Oz.

Things are still 'reasonably fair' in Oz for average 'anybodies' unless they are in the slammer.
A free ride home? Many of these individuals have most of their adult life in Oz, are therefore a product of australian society. So,to get rid of them, you simply put them on the plane.
How the hell we got here, from the original post, I dunno!
Old 25-12-2015, 00:33   #80

Quote:
A free ride home? Many of these individuals have most of their adult life in Oz, are therefore a product of australian society. So,to get rid of them, you simply put them on the plane.
How the hell we got here, from the original post, I dunno!
Wasn't me that put them on the plane!
Old 25-12-2015, 03:27   #81

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.
Boat: triton 721 24' x 9' 1985 Cutter rigged.

Latka. Yep, saw the fishing boat videos. Love it via Arthurs Pass.
Great place, great people.
But....the ONLY people put on planes were/are the crims we have no further intention of supporting in our jails.
HAD they cared enough to take our citizenship they could have remained luxuriating in our slammers.
Either you are full of it or you cant read/have no tv.
HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of deleriously happy Kiwis in Oz, often on visas, who ebsolutely love it here. And not many of them, i suspect, would be human smeshing club bouncers.
Aust is a great place in no small part because of the Kiwis who call it home.
Ping, in his eloquent style, put it very clearly. Heve a read again.
brianlara 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2015, 03:37   #82

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.

A great reason to cruise to NZ is to take advantage of the seriously inexpensive entry fees so that one can travel into the countryside and wonder at the sheep, two short legs on port side, two long legs on stb side, walking clockwise 'round hills vertically.
Travel New Zealand!
More beautiful than my Oz, in many ways.
There Ping, thread restored.
Old 25-12-2015, 07:45   #83

Boat: previous - Whitby 42 new - Goldenwave 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzstar View Post
Just one more reason I have always avoided New Zealand while sailing. I fully understand it may be beautiful, but it may have more regulation per capita than any place with a coastline one might want to otherwise visit. One wonders if raising sheep is a reflection of a desire to closely control others.
I have to agree that NZ is way over the top on regulations. The worst I have ever seen. But then I haven't been to Oz (by sailboat) or Russia yet. But avoiding a country because they have an entry fee that is one of the lowest of anywhere I have visited demonstrates pretty screwed up priorities. One reason I did not want to go to Australia was the really high fees and draconian regulations for boaters.

On a good note, I absolutely love the good humor and humor of most all the Kiwis and Aussies I have met. Also loved the Vanuatuans as well. Great sense of humor. But one of the most corrupt countries anywhere. No where is perfect.
exMaggieDrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2015, 08:19   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by exMaggieDrum View Post
I have to agree that NZ is way over the top on regulations. The worst I have ever seen. But then I haven't been to Oz (by sailboat) or Russia yet. But avoiding a country because they have an entry fee that is one of the lowest of anywhere I have visited demonstrates pretty screwed up priorities. One reason I did not want to go to Australia was the really high fees and draconian regulations for boaters.

On a good note, I absolutely love the good humor and humor of most all the Kiwis and Aussies I have met. Also loved the Vanuatuans as well. Great sense of humor. But one of the most corrupt countries anywhere. No where is perfect.
What are these regulations that vexed you so? Please don't say that it was their quarantine regs.

If I was a kiwi the Cat 1 requirement when trying to leave would bother me but I'm not so it doesn't.
Old 25-12-2015, 13:21   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlara 3 View Post
Latka. Yep, saw the fishing boat videos. Love it via Arthurs Pass.
Great place, great people.
But....the ONLY people put on planes were/are the crims we have no further intention of supporting in our jails.
HAD they cared enough to take our citizenship they could have remained luxuriating in our slammers.
Either you are full of it or you cant read/have no tv.
HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of deleriously happy Kiwis in Oz, often on visas, who ebsolutely love it here. And not many of them, i suspect, would be human smeshing club bouncers.
Aust is a great place in no small part because of the Kiwis who call it home.
Ping, in his eloquent style, put it very clearly. Heve a read again.
Yes, you are correct. I do not watch tv that much but DO read informative articles in various papers. Mostly my opinion is based on personal experience. I am certainly full of that!
Old 25-12-2015, 14:36   #86

Quote:
Yes, you are correct. I do not watch tv that much but DO read informative articles in various papers. Mostly my opinion is based on personal experience. I am certainly full of that!
Class 1 Thread Drift Alert!!!!!

The papers have had the articles about poor little kiwis who had gone to Oz as infants and didn't know they weren't Strayan and didn't mean to rob the 7/11 and , OK, the gun wasn't a really good idea..
But for every one of them I wager there are a dozen bad bros who went as adults...
Can't claim personal experience here...don't mix in those circles

Oz doesn't just deport kiwi villians villains bad buggers... they also kick out poms, balts, dagoes, wogs, wops , ragheads, seppos and slopes....and you don't see them complaining.

Straya is an equal opportunity deporter.......
Old 25-12-2015, 15:14   #87

Ping....youre killin' me boy.
Best read ive had in years.
BUT... to remain on thread....one should NOT enter NZ from Greymouth.
And Latka.....YOU seem like a very reasonable and honest individual, not everyone has the moral fibre you display.
BTY Ping......Barak has a motion before the HRC in DER HAUGE. He is requesting that the disgusting term you used in ref to Americans, "seppos", be illegal worldwide.
I seem to use "seppos" every day....thought i was the only one!
Threading water now....Would the cogniscenti enter UNZUD from Cook Strait or would a better opt to go 'round the top?
Going via Cook affords fantastic cruising opportunities but could it be a terrible passage for a tiny boat in reasonable.
Would be leaving from Sudney.
AUSKIWI warned me of the bloody awfulness of Greymouth...but anyway .....better arival via Arthurs Pass...not much in GM when compared to Marlborough & Wellie.
So the question...from Sudney, tiny boat...Cook St or round the top.
In anticip...Thanks all.
PS Frankly, i couldnt give a damn HOW bloody much it is for arrival, or food or anything else.
In Wellie or Auk say, can Strayans buy newspapers rote in english lunguage? Honest question....with slight hearing impediment....VOWELS BLOODWELL MATTER!
JAYSUS!!! SO BLOODY THUCK. Not fair...think its lazy tongue.
Sorry for swearing....when Cate addressed me he said "WTF!" What was he saying...is that physicist terminology of am i......?
JUM, wadjya mean by wtf ?
Threading... Is there anchorage in Wellie with wind less than, say, 20kn? In less than 50ft of water.
Like to know.
Thanks again.
And JUM, just curious, are you a Pom or similar derivitive? No chance Scot or Eyerish....? curious/suspicious.
Old 25-12-2015, 15:27   #88
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Class 1 Thread Drift Alert!!!!!

The papers have had the articles about poor little kiwis who had gone to Oz as infants and didn't know they weren't Strayan and didn't mean to rob the 7/11 and , OK, the gun wasn't a really good idea..
But for every one of them I wager there are a dozen bad bros who went as adults...
Can't claim personal experience here...don't mix in those circles

Oz doesn't just deport kiwi villians villains bad buggers... they also kick out poms, balts, dagoes, wogs, wops , ragheads, seppos and slopes....and you don't see them complaining.

Straya is an equal opportunity deporter.......
Matey, you left out the spicks; presumably an inadvertent omission 'cause surely you can't like those theiving little beggas...
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2015, 15:39   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Matey, you left out the spicks; presumably an inadvertent omission 'cause surely you can't like those theiving little beggas...
FWIW..And im anglo/saxon 6 generations removed....wogs and spicks BUILT Straya.
Many of the mob we had here prior to ww2 were a lzy lot....hangin' out of pub doors etc. 10% of 'em ...the wogs never ever did that...worker their asses off.................THANK GOD Straya is NOT ...only... British. At least i do.
Old 25-12-2015, 15:40   #90

I think 'spick' is unorstralyan.... its american usage.

Tags
New Zealand