Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-12-2015, 16:18   #31

Re: New Zealand Arrival Levy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
Look it up yourself mate. Here's a hint; try starting with the Rescue Coordination Centre NZ.

Further - its unsubstantiated rather than instantiated

Lastly - what do you mean by "Interested Parties" if you mean me, you would be wrong, I am not even a Kiwi.
I would look up instantiated before i cast the first stone
bustermaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 16:21   #32

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.
Boat: triton 721 24' x 9' 1985 Cutter rigged.

Actually Mr Cate, Christmas was lovely until i read you pathetic post re the rot of fees.
Some really nice posters here today....and the odd bit of verbal disgust as well.
How they arent breaking any rules surprises me. (Again!!).
Your lack of appreciation re my offer was noted but not with surprise.
Sir, re Christmas cheer.....go into Eden and ask some strangers to read your reply to Pings origional post. Suggest you be sitting down.
brianlara 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 16:24   #33

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustermaw View Post
Yeah,you see,blind 'em with ******** first to see if that works.
I pity you if you're reduced to the government intervention though.
We, in the UK rely on, and appreciate greatly the lifeboat institution,to which we gladly give our shekels.
Hope that you're happy with your institutional obesience
I wonder if you asked Tony Bullimore, a good Briton, how he felt about "institutional obesience" (sic) when the Aussie navy rescued him in the Southern Ocean? The British lifeboat folks are truly great at their jobs, but are basically an inshore service. The kiwi navy has repeatedly done far offshore rescues, and done them with great compassion towards the poor yottie and his vessel. I also admire the UK lifeboat guys, but they don't have the equipment nor the manning to do what the Kiwi and Aussie Navy SAR guys do (or the US equivalents or that matter).

Jim
Old 24-12-2015, 16:33   #34
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
Yeah,you see,blind 'em with ******** first to see if that works.
I pity you if you're reduced to the government intervention though.
We, in the UK rely on, and appreciate greatly the lifeboat institution,to which we gladly give our shekels.
Hope that you're happy with your institutional obesience
Say what? Are you intentionally trying to insult me or do you just have no social skills. And FFS learn to spell - your posts are almost unintelligible.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 16:47   #35

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.

Well said Mr Cate. Fwiw.
Old 24-12-2015, 16:51   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
I wonder if you asked Tony Bullimore, a good Briton, how he felt about "institutional obesience" (sic) when the Aussie navy rescued him in the Southern Ocean? The British lifeboat folks are truly great at their jobs, but are basically an inshore service. The kiwi navy has repeatedly done far offshore rescues, and done them with great compassion towards the poor yottie and his vessel. I also admire the UK lifeboat guys, but they don't have the equipment nor the manning to do what the Kiwi and Aussie Navy SAR guys do (or the US equivalents or that matter).

Jim
May i say that you are the epitome of all that is wrong with today's thinking.
You think that the the government is the answer to all our ill's.When ,in fact,they are the problem.
If a man dies in his travailles at sea,then,that is his problem. Not some pillock in an office somewhere.
You can argue, ad nauseum, that it is the responsibility of the state to look after the individual.Where would mankind be in that situation ?
Probably still swimming in the primordial soup
Old 24-12-2015, 16:53   #37

Mr Factor. Do you consider yourself to be the epitome of social propriety?
I suspect that poor ElPinguino regrets posting about the NZ fees.
OMG!
!!!
Old 24-12-2015, 16:58   #38

Boat: Riviera 40

I am a New Zealander, currently living in Australia. I have almost finished doing the Americas great loop. Compared to the the draconian laws and regulation costs in the USA, New Zealand is easy and cheap, I love boating in the USA but as an Alien we have to put up with more than a little crap from the Authorities, In NZ you can stay for 2 Yrs, in USA you must leave after 6 months, even with a 5 yr full Visa.
Dont miss NZ it is a beautiful and friendly country.
auskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 17:00   #39

Bustermaw.....fwiw...not many people on YOUR limb, thank God.
Old 24-12-2015, 17:02   #40

Great country, people AND bureauracy.
Old 24-12-2015, 17:05   #41

Boat: Ericson/Gulfstar 50/ Noresman 447

Hi guys, have just read all the posts here an am amazed at some of the total lack of fact.1. NZ does not produce any type of firearms, Amin fact they are totally nuclear free, having gone face to face on the issue with the USA.( we are now friends again)

2. The NZ search an rescue service is a whole got funded service, there are some local inshore services but due to the location of NZ most resumes are carried out by the search an resume service co ordinating air and sea services.

3. NZ economy is based on farming of all types, an out break of say "foot and mouth" would rip the heart out of the economy hence the strict control at boarders etc ,

4. NZ is not a developing country, yes it does have rules and regulations but as a whole these have been put in place to ensure we remain competitive with the rest of the world.

5. Yes I am a very proud kiwi (NZ) I have farmed sheep but never have had sex with one or for that matter know of any one who has. If as some write state they don't like the rules regulations , then feel free not to visit, but please if you are going to make negative comments please ensure that they are based on fact an personal experience, not what you have heard in the bar.
Regards
Phil
Yacht Rahope
Thailand
Basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 17:06   #42

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
May i say that you are the epitome of all that is wrong with today's thinking.
You think that the the government is the answer to all our ill's.When ,in fact,they are the problem.
If a man dies in his travailles at sea,then,that is his problem. Not some pillock in an office somewhere.
You can argue, ad nauseum, that it is the responsibility of the state to look after the individual.Where would mankind be in that situation ?
Probably still swimming in the primordial soup
Why Buster, you can say whatever you wish, within the bounds of polite discourse. But, your saying it does not make it so...

I know naught about you, but you don't sound like someone who has spent much time at sea.

Jim
Old 24-12-2015, 17:10   #43

AUSKIWI. Is the entrance to Greymouth as unprotected as it looks on G Earth?
Old 24-12-2015, 17:13   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by auskiwi View Post
I am a New Zealander, currently living in Australia. I have almost finished doing the Americas great loop. Compared to the the draconian laws and regulation costs in the USA, New Zealand is easy and cheap, I love boating in the USA but as an Alien we have to put up with more than a little crap from the Authorities, In NZ you can stay for 2 Yrs, in USA you must leave after 6 months, even with a 5 yr full Visa.
Dont miss NZ it is a beautiful and friendly country.
OK, at he risk of over exposure here.I merely point out that your comparisons are meaningless.
My point is that in my 50 yrs of sailing I have seen government encroach further and further on our freedoms.
My objection is man kinds craven submission to that encroachment.
(well compared to the price of cheese in the Netherlands it's OK )
HELLO !
Wake up people !
Old 24-12-2015, 17:19   #45

BASIL. Why in the name of God are you letting hooligans and vertically challenged Cretins stress you. Why?
Bas', Aetearora defends itself admirably.
There are "winderupperers" here today and its terrible imho that you bite.
ANY informed and good person loves, or would love, Noo Zulland.

Tags
New Zealand