Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2018, 11:44   #76

Boat: Westcoast Bayrunner 20 Fishing Skiff
Re: Morbid Curiosity - What to Do with a Human Cadaver ?

We walk this way only for a short time... My instructions are simple if it is me. The least trouble for all on board. Document for protection, including photographs. Dispose of the remains, and weather permitting, read a short poem or two, or play the stereo on something you like. You have already done the best you can for me! Enjoy yourselves and break open that single malt I left for just such a joyful time as this!
I am now beyond the reach of earthly troubles and pain. I am on my way to Ireland the long way round! I am riding the green flash as all good guys are able to do when they roll over to rest on the other side of the bunk! Sing it one more time 'round!
Roasting is a convenient option if shoreside. Then it is easier to take me to my brothers and sisters, any time or place of convenience. On with the party!
Crusty Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 16:09   #77

Boat: custom 42' catamaran

This probably only appeals to me. Develop an underwater cemetery – the space is free - or likely could be leased with a seabed lease. Fence off a area of relatively shallow water, perhaps nine to fifteen meters that is mostly protected from storm activity. Hopefully it will have intact coral and a functioning ecosystem – if not then this might need some work. Develop a metal cage where the body can be placed and held down with netting or chain – the cage is to keep out large predators like sharks that would disturb the remains. After a nice seaside ceremony, place the naked body on the ocean floor, held down with the chain or netting with modesty shields and protected by the metal cage. The small reef animals should make short work of the fleshy parts of the body and in a couple of months there should be a nice clean skeleton. At this point the cage can be removed and a small bronze marker placed with the skeleton. Shooting from a fixed point every day at the same time between nine in the morning and three in the afternoon, take a picture of the skeleton and save it to a DVD. This will produce a nice time lapse movie of the person’s last earthly remains gradually becoming part of the reef and returning to nature. When the remains are no longer identifiable, the DVD is ready for the family – and the space can be reused for a new body. This would have the added advantage of protecting a part of the reef.
Bruce626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 17:02   #78

Boat: Westerly Sealord

I think I am seeing a real true zombie thread here...
Old 03-03-2018, 17:19   #79

Boat: Land bound, previously Morgan 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce626 View Post
This probably only appeals to me. Develop an underwater cemetery – the space is free - or likely could be leased with a seabed lease. Fence off a area of relatively shallow water, perhaps nine to fifteen meters that is mostly protected from storm activity. Hopefully it will have intact coral and a functioning ecosystem – if not then this might need some work. Develop a metal cage where the body can be placed and held down with netting or chain – the cage is to keep out large predators like sharks that would disturb the remains. After a nice seaside ceremony, place the naked body on the ocean floor, held down with the chain or netting with modesty shields and protected by the metal cage. The small reef animals should make short work of the fleshy parts of the body and in a couple of months there should be a nice clean skeleton. At this point the cage can be removed and a small bronze marker placed with the skeleton. Shooting from a fixed point every day at the same time between nine in the morning and three in the afternoon, take a picture of the skeleton and save it to a DVD. This will produce a nice time lapse movie of the person’s last earthly remains gradually becoming part of the reef and returning to nature. When the remains are no longer identifiable, the DVD is ready for the family – and the space can be reused for a new body. This would have the added advantage of protecting a part of the reef.
You are so right, this does only appeal to you.
waterman46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 19:57   #80

Boat: PSC Orion 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
I think I am seeing a real true zombie thread here...
Now that's funny! :^)
goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 20:52   #81

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce626 View Post
... The small reef animals should make short work of the fleshy parts of the body and in a couple of months there should be a nice clean skeleton. At this point the cage can be removed and a small bronze marker placed with the skeleton. Shooting from a fixed point every day at the same time between nine in the morning and three in the afternoon, take a picture of the skeleton and save it to a DVD. This will produce a nice time lapse movie of the person’s last earthly remains gradually becoming part of the reef and returning to nature. When the remains are no longer identifiable, the DVD is ready for the family – and the space can be reused for a new body. This would have the added advantage of protecting a part of the reef.
Why wait til it's a skeleton, let's show them the body being consumed from day one. I'm sure there woould be a huge market for it from grieving relatives.
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 00:42   #82

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Note to self... don't touch the seafood when dining at Bruce 626's residence...
Old 04-03-2018, 02:27   #83

Boat: Currently in between

International Medical Guide for Ships, 3rd Edition

By: World Health Organization

Chapter 27, starting on page 333:

I downloaded my copy from the Net but now I don't remember where so unable to provide a link. I did search long enough to find it for free, search well my friends.

In a nutshell, if you can't preserve it then document well and dump it..
Old 04-03-2018, 02:49   #84

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Bacchus View Post
International Medical Guide for Ships, 3rd Edition

By: World Health Organization

Chapter 27, starting on page 333:
apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/43814/1/9789240682313_eng.pdf
Old 04-03-2018, 06:18   #85

Boat: Currently in between

Thanks Alan, that is the one!