Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2021, 09:52   #76

Re: Minimum requirements for "international" travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave9111 View Post
The US and Canada have close ties electronically as stated, and this is a "realtime" data link.
I was doing some work in Canada and another guy who had a DUI a few years back was part of the crew. We drove separately. Their car got to the border in Windsor and they scanned their passports and they were immediately turned around (the entire car) back to Detroit. There were no negotiations, they never got out of the car in Canada. The guy with the DUI was dropped off at a car rental place in Detroit and he returned home, the rest of the crew re-entered Canada.

While I understand this, the fact that the Canadian government has access to details such as DUI convictions of American citizens is a bit daunting.
And the USA has access to the judicial records of Canada, there being mutuality of safeguard as to restricting persons of ill repute from entry. Ditto I believe as to the no fly list.

And don't forget to not bring in marijuana into the USA, sure fire way to be arrested by the US Customs and Border Patrol, there still is a maple leaf on the Canadian flag and not yet a marijuana leaf embossed.

Crossing an international border is a privilege not a right. Don't get the two attributes confused. One is welcomed under the terms of their welcoming.
Montanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:56   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snore View Post
So I am tired of hearing how COVID is a hoax, or not that bad.

Here are some facts. Total deaths in the US 2020 vs 2019, from all causes are up 334k. Hard cold fact. That is a whole lot more than the flu!

See https://usafacts.org/articles/prelim...virus-age-flu/
And Im tired of people just taking the lies that they are fed by a media that has a globalist agenda. Are you not aware of the numbers manipulation that they are doing? Are you one that will take a vaccine thats only 60 some % effective against a virus that is 99.6% survivable
shelbybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 10:22   #78
JBP

Boat: Jeanneau Tonic 23

Because Covid19 is not real, other countries do not actually have travel restrictions. It is fake news, just go. Any boat will do, I suggest you head straight east and ride the Gulf stream. Don't bother with a GPS, the government is going to shut it down any day now. It is only a day or so so you don't need to bring any food or water (but don't forget your hydroxychloroquine). You will want to avoid the island where NASA faked the moon landings, and be careful not to fall off the edge of the earth. Have a good trip, send us a postcard.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 11:41   #79

Boat: Alajuela 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
Because Covid19 is not real, other countries do not actually have travel restrictions. It is fake news, just go. Any boat will do, I suggest you head straight east and ride the Gulf stream. Don't bother with a GPS, the government is going to shut it down any day now. It is only a day or so so you don't need to bring any food or water (but don't forget your hydroxychloroquine). You will want to avoid the island where NASA faked the moon landings, and be careful not to fall off the edge of the earth. Have a good trip, send us a postcard.

[emoji106][emoji23]
japawil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:08   #80

Boat: McGruer 33'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbybob View Post
And Im tired of people just taking the lies that they are fed by a media that has a globalist agenda. Are you not aware of the numbers manipulation that they are doing? Are you one that will take a vaccine thats only 60 some % effective against a virus that is 99.6% survivable

I would be interested to hear why you think Media with a 'Globalist Agenda' would fake a pandemic which is encouraging eveyone to think local ?

As far as I can see many countries around the planet are, at least temporarily, cutting themselves off from international travel and inevitably this pandemic will lead to planning for more local supply in vital sectors such as Food and PPE. Hardly a globalist agenda. I am all for thinking for yourself but many of the arguments that suggest COVID is a hoax seem muddled and driven by political ideology rather than a reasonable assesment of the facts on the ground.

There are countries where the politicians have not been cowed by illogical reasoning and they locked down hard and early. Their populations are now enjoying a remarkable amount of freedom (except for strict limits on international travel).

I don't waste much time on chery picked statistics about how survivable COVID is - as far as I am concerned such numbers are often untrustworthy and anyway an accurate statistic presented in an inappropriate way can give quite the wrong impression. As I have said before, I look at the hospitals and Doctors and Nurses - what is happening there ?

I know my cancer treatment has been delayed because of the situation in hospital. Our hospital excess capacity, number of free beds / ICU places is really quite small - in a normal year we can bounce along with large numbers going in and out of hospital and the free capacity keeping up with the small fluctuations. COVID has changed that - even if the total number of people affected is small it is significant when measured against the normal fluctuation and it is made worse becasue it is an infectious diesese which does not manifest itself in symptoms until well after the victim is infectious. This puts significant extra burdens on hospital and other healthcare facilities.

Of course I suppose I could be wrong - maybe millions of experienced Doctors, Nurses and other Health Care workers around the World are all engaged in one massive conspiracy and they are deliberatly addmitting to hospital lots of supposed COVID victims who are in fact just fine and could simply stay at home drinking Hot Lemon. Is that what you think is happening ?
Idlegreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:14   #81

In this faux pandemic times, the ICU beds have become the newest hospitality sector but which are not yet posted for booking rentals on the likes of AirBNB websites.

That is why one sees being installed large VACANCY and NO VACANCY signs at the entrances to the Emergency Drive-Ins, in order to ease curbside service and minimize the queing of traffic when the Inn is full and only the manger is open for occupancy.

Montanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 15:19   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madehn View Post
Posts like the origininal that started this thread are the best argument i can think of to enlarge the "x" in the upper right corner of the window on my computer- my advice to him-- go buy a boat -- a BIG one, an EXPENSIVE one-- do it QUICK!!! they might run out :flowers- take it on a long voyage- preferably thru a "loophole" then report back to us and let us know how that worked out for you. i would stay on to give more advice but the black helicopters have started circling which means that they are only 30 seconds from a lock on my location-- gotta go safe travels thru loopholes to all.
Thst was wierd
shelbybob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men