Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Rules of the Road, Regulations & Red Tape
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-03-2020, 13:55   #1

Insurance and rules for carrying and using a dinghy around the world.

Hi all guys,
no, i'm not thinking of going all around the world with ON a dinghy

I was thinking about van life/Rv full time so keep on moving in many different countries and carry with me a small dinghy with a small outboard to do some easy coastal (very easy going and with just flat sea/lake only, obviously)

The question is: should i make an insurance everytime i go in a different country/continent?

What about safety equipment?

Just to do not have any problem (mostly for personal safety) i would always carry an hand VHF, lifejacket, small umbrella anchor, paddles, bottle of water...i think it's enough to go around couple of miles , close along the coast...
Except water it's what is by Italian law, where i'm from and i should always carry even for moving 200 ft from boat to shore. (no one ever had them)

About insurance with my old sailboart with dinghy attached i remeber it was worth All MED so i guess it's the same.

Any idea if insurance can make a 3 months contract or 6?

Thank you all
Regards
Stefano
stefano_ita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinghy, insurance, round the world, rule