Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2004, 07:35   #1

Location: Currently based near Jacksonville FL; WHOOSH's homeport is St. Pete, FL USA
Boat: WHOOSH, Pearson 424 Ketch
French port information, please...

I'd like to collect information on cruisers' experiences with Customs (Douan) officials in French ports (France only, not dependencies) and would welcome anyone to post their answers to these simple questions below in this thread:

For ports WHERE YOU WERE BOARDED (or where you otherwise had formal contact with Douan officials):
1. Which port(s)?
2. When?
3. What if any issues were raised by the Douan official(s)?

(I'm hoping to assemble a loose list of which French Provinces present more/fewer difficulties to non-French yachtsmen, if not to dispell rumor then at least to illustrate it. While there are yachtie-unfriendly issues like Spain's 'wealth tax' or Greece's difficult-to-predict cruising fees, the biggest unknown I hear about is how a given French customs official in a given French port will react to a non-French boat. Thus, this request for info).

Thanks!

Jack
Euro Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 14:15   #2

Boat: Privilege 37
Probably better putting this request onto a UK forum such as www.ybw.com and select forums and then Scuttlebutt. There are a lot more chanel hoppers on that forum!
Talbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 02:48   #3

Location: Currently based near Jacksonville FL; WHOOSH's homeport is St. Pete, FL USA
Boat: WHOOSH, Pearson 424 Ketch
Yes, YBW will see my post...

...but in truth, yachties who are EU citizens and on EU boats (such as the Brits) have their own issues with French Customs and will not be the primary source of info I'm trying to collect.

Let's just let this thred percolate a bit and see what if anything it produces...

Jack
Euro Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ports