Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 14:20   #1

Coast Guard Inspection

A friend had routine inspection on Memorial day by the Coast Guard in Rhode Island (one of the little orange boats). They were professional and friendly. I asked what they seemed to be checking carefully. Here's what he remembered of special note.

-- that lifejackets were not stored in their plastic bags

-- that the type IV throwable was marked coast guard approved and had a line attached

-- that he had the "rules of the road" on board (he is over 40ft long)

-- holding tank overboard discharge wired

-- waste management plan aboard ( and signed). This was the one thing he didn't have. They let him write one and sign it at the inspection.

-- all fire extinguishers were marked CG approved and the gauge was in the green

I had heard that a bell is no longer required over 40 ft. He said that it wasn't mentioned one way or the other.

Carl
CarlF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inspection