Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 05:46   #1

Changing Registration Country Whilst in Greece

If I understand it correctly, when you sail in and out of countries, even within the EU, you must go to designated ports to check in/out.

The boat I am buying in Greece is currently British registered (and VAT paid). Once the purchase is finalised I will de-register it and then register it in Sweden and also change the boats name.

Do I need to do anything in regards to the Greek authorities? Visit the port police?
hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 18:45   #2

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27
You had better visit the port police, armed with all the paperwork, and hope that you find them in a good mood. You are probably going to have to get a new Traffic Document with the new name. See Noonsite.com to get up to speed on the Greek formalities.
donradcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:00   #3
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Quote:
If I understand it correctly, when you sail in and out of countries, even within the EU, you must go to designated ports to check in/out.
No there is no requirement, once inside the Schlengen area, you do not need to check in again.

Dave
goboatingnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Greece, registration