Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2022, 14:33   #1

Bahamas Cruising Permit Extension

Has anyone gone through the process of extending a Bahamas Cruising Permit?

My Cruising Permit will expire June 1. From word of mouth, online, and via a phone call to Bahamas Customs, everyone says no problem. Just go to some particular government office, somewhere and fill out the forms and fork over $500.

But has anyone actually done it? In Nassau?

Thanks
neworleansrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2024, 06:03   #2

Boat: Irwin 52
Re: Bahamas Cruising Permit Extension

Late reply I know but at least people searching for this in the future as I was a couple of days ago will know the answer ;-)

We've just done this at Marsh Harbour: basically we converted a 3 month permit to a 12 month one...

1) Went to the Immigration Office in the (pink) Government Building (a 25 min walk inland from the public dock) and got our visas extended by another 90 days - no charge for this (we have UK passports) - no point extending the permit if they won't extend your visa...
2) Used Click2Clear (https://www.besw.gov.bs/TFBSEW/cusLogin/signin.cl) to apply for a permit extension. This isn't quite as obvious to find as you'd think.
2.1) Search InBound and select Cruising Permit Extension for the Registration Type
2.2) Enter the Rotation Number and Reg Number from your original permit
2.3) It will then pull up your details. Amend the departure date
2.4) Submit the form
2.5) Pay the extension fee - for our 52' boat it was $500 (2024)(really should have got the 12 month permit in the first place!)
2.6) Print out the updated permit and receipt
3) Went to Customs Building opposite the public dock (an unmarked blue building!) with the permit and receipt to get the the permit stamped. Quite a wait here as they had to get it approved by Nassau

I think you can apply for at most 2 extensions.

Note we didn't extend the fishing permit as that was going to cost another $200...
anodyneGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2024, 07:01   #3
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
Re: Bahamas Cruising Permit Extension

I did this a couple years ago and am quite sure it is $500 for an EXTRA year and it also gives you a free re-entry throughout that extra year.

I did this at Green Turtle Cay with the Customs official (before clicktoclear was mandatory)

s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas, cruising, permit