Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2016, 20:25   #16

Boat: Skookum 47
Re: White Ceiling Panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheechako View Post
Are those individual strips or sheet product? The traditional way would be strips of something light like port orford cedar etc. The only way to find out what yours are is to take one off.
Skookums were built by various builders, finishers and home done.... so hard to say. Whomever did your boat did a nice job.
Thanks! Yes, the original owner/builder did a great job. His name is/was Ray Lambe (if anyone knows him, have him hit me up! todd@statestreethoney.com) Took him 7 or 8 years to finish it out. It's basically a wainscoting type of panel. Seems like the top thin veneer is real wood with an mdf type of base. Guess I will keep my eyes peeled.
SF Bay Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:50   #17

Youve got a helluva boat there. Those Skookum's are built.... well... Skookum! Heavy strong built kinda like a Westsail 32... in a bigger way.... at least the hulls I've seen before buildout.
Skookum being a NW Indian word for "built like a brick Sh*house!"

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 21:50   #18

Boat: Skookum 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheechako View Post
Youve got a helluva boat there. Those Skookum's are built.... well... Skookum! Heavy strong built kinda like a Westsail 32... in a bigger way.... at least the hulls I've seen before buildout.
Skookum being a NW Indian word for "built like a brick Sh*house!"
Oh she's a beast. But graceful and slippery too. I crewed on her for 6 months and 2000 miles from Mexico to Costa Rica, and we were in all kinds of weather. Skippy's wife slept through 50 knot squall off Nicaragua. She woke up and said, "Oh, what a gorgeous sunrise." We both looked at each other and rolled our eyes; the lightning bolts were so close that night!

Looking forward to getting her up the coast. Gotta pull the mast, replace the rig, and a "few" other things, but looking forward to anchoring off Little Coho and getting some quality waves and family time.
SF Bay Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:10   #19

From the pics it looks like a standard V-Grove Beadboard panel. Big Box stores will have a few selections in paneling, that are either MDF, Hardboard, FRP and or plywood backed.

As others have said its a fairly standard pattern that can be easily duplicated with the right router bit if you are not able to find an exact match.
PeteHalstedc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panels