Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2020, 16:46   #106

Re: What the heck happened to my Lexan windows? And can it be fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifePart2 View Post
I am so tired of getting work done by so-called professionals who then botch it up or give the wrong advice.
Here's a principle I live by... Never forget.. the only thing the word "professional" means is "I do this for a living." Despite protestations to the contrary from some, it does not mean "I'm an expert" or even "I'm competent at my job."

In my experience, expert professionals are few and far between. Competent professionals are less scarce, but still sometimes hard to find. Whenever possible, before employing a professional, question as many people as possible to learn what kind of reputation your intended professional has.

A rule of thumb that has served me well is, whenever possible, engage professionals who have only one or two employees at most. Their reputation is often the only thing that keeps bread on their tables. Those with large numbers of employees, on the other hand, tend to have so much business coming in that they really don't care about maintaining a good reputation, because there will always be plenty more suckers walking in through the door.
JAFO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lexan, wind