Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-10-2021, 12:32   #1

Webasto Airtop problems

Hi seeking some help on my webasto airtop 2000. This is mounted in a van not a boat but it seemed there was a lot of webasto users in this forum and I thought some dialog might help others located here. For a while my heater was running great. Then it started throwing the F0-3 code for low voltage and would only start when I had the engine running. When it was throwing that code the fuel pump would start up, the fan would blow but then the code would display and it seemed to go into a cool down/turn off procedure.

Currently it is no longer doing even this. It is not throwing codes and when I turn it on it only sounds like some relays are attempting to work-light clicking sounds. The fuel pump is not coming on the fan is also not coming on. No codes

I have tried two different types of control switches(the original 7day program timer and the rotating knob type) still no codes. I have a onboard charger on my van which has been plugged in and the batteries are full best I can tell. I have checked the voltage at the heater unit and it seems good all though I can give specifics if needed. I have cleared the heater intake.

At this point I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm wondering about replacing the circuit boards and then a cleaning and replacing the wick/element. I just want to avoid randomly replacing parts. Any next steps people can suggest? Thanks in advance

Sam
smcboating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2021, 13:16   #2

Boat: Ta Chiao 56
Re: Webasto Airtop problems

In general, when a equipment is not getting sufficient voltage, the likely suspects are either undersized conductors or poor connections. In your case, the fact that it wouldn't operate unless the engine was running reinforces that suspicion. First check the points of connecction: loose crimp or screw terminal connections cause high resistance, lowering the voltage at the equipment. If your wiring is correctly sized, tightening a loose connection (or cleaning a corroded one) may solve your problem.

Second, check that the supply wiring is adequate. The manual should have a Voltage Drop chart designating the MINIMUM wire size for the distance from and back to the battery. Remember, the circuit length is a round trip measurement.
Brewgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2021, 19:35   #3

Re: Webasto Airtop problems

I got my Webasto working. The wiring had been routed in the custom headliner and I think some how must have gotten pinched or there was a bad crimp as mentioned above. I rerouted the original harness to the original power source and it works. The voltage when it was not running was good but it had a huge voltage drop when started. Working now. Thanks for the suggestions.
smcboating is offline   Reply With Quote