Why can't make a v-berth from a memory foam? It is easy to make a v-berth from the existing old bedroom furniture
Here are the steps you need to follow to make a quality v-berth.
(You need to measure the size of the v-berth. If it is less than 79" at the head
then it is easy to do).
1. Consider the measurements: 79"Head, 75" Total length, 12" Foot Width.
2. Layout the memory foam
3. Measure the memory foam to know which side will provide enough width for the head
and which end will provide enough length for the total length.
4. Mark the center of the head side and foot side of the memory foam
5. Divide the foot width by 2(ie. 12/2=6") and measure 6" from the center of the foot and mark.
6. Connect the head side edge and foot side mark.
7. Cut the mattress using a board or professional cutting guide
You would get a perfect v-berth mattress.