Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2019, 12:07   #1

Boat: cal29
Transducer replacement

I have a 1970 Cal29 that I want to replace the transducer on. The one that is there presently is an Airmar and I believe it to be an in-hull type because it is mounted in the hull, under the forward berth and in the center of the boat. I don't see any protrusion on the outside of the hull. Inside, it seems to be encased in a plastic tube. Any idea as to how to remove it and install a new one? I'm replacing it because I believe it might be original and I'm not sure if it works. When I bought the boat 3 years ago, the wire to it had been cut and the gauges removed. Is there any way to test it before removal? Thanks for any help.
alexanick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off