Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-02-2012, 20:48   #1

Boat: fj southern ohio sail craft
Small Start

I have so much to learn, but never before has so much information been at ones finger tips. Good thing for me because Ky. is not a sailing hot spot.

I am trying to learn to sail so far I have had about two years with a sunfish. I have just purchased a 1965 flying Junior. Made by Southern Ohio Sailcraft.

It is missing the spinnaker cleats ? This is what I was told buy the seller. I have this boat because it should test what I need to do. Fix up a boat learn and to use more than one sail and have fun at doing it. The holes are on 1".25 centers located on the gunwale close to the transom.

What would they look like and where do I find some for sale? The FJ is not as popular as the sunfish but a lot of builders have made them. I have been looking for a close up picture on line of the cleat but as of now I have yet to find one.

I hope to gain the skills one needs for a 25' to maybe 38' sailboat to spend a few days/ weeks or more on the water. Your help will be remembered when that day comes
Lou452 is offline   Reply With Quote