Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-05-2022, 04:59   #151

Boat: 41' yawl
Re: Simple, Effective Bird Deterrent--Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
Do you have a link to that product? It doesn’t exist according to Google…

Last year I saw an osprey yanking off a masthead wind sensor just for fun. It took him at least 5 minutes and even when just attached to the cable, the osprey still tried to take it off

I went looking in upthread, where for a moment they stopped referring to it as their pet name and instead as the brand name, 'Bird B Gone'. They make several products including the 'Bird Chase Supersonic' which seems to match the description of 'Playing bird distress calls'.
chris95040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2022, 06:43   #152

Killing seagulls is illegal. But dead seagulls and crows hanging from the rigging will keep birds away very well. I have not tried artificial scarecrows. I have not seen Murphy's Bird Bane in use; indeed, I have no information about it. Will look it up.
lituya1617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2022, 22:49   #153
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by lituya1617 View Post
Killing seagulls is illegal. But dead seagulls and crows hanging from the rigging will keep birds away very well. I have not tried artificial scarecrows. I have not seen Murphy's Bird Bane in use; indeed, I have no information about it. Will look it up.
It doesn’t exist, fake stories, prolly written by bots. The only links that Google comes up with is to this thread

s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2022, 17:51   #154

Boat: 41' yawl
Simple, Effective Bird Deterrent--Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lituya1617 View Post

'Murphy's bird bane', as best I can tell, is some cute name the poster is using based on the dock neighbor who set it up for their marina. Why they repeatedly refer to it as such on a forum where no one will know what they are talking about is bewildering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
It doesn’t exist, fake stories, prolly written by bots. The only links that Google comes up with is to this thread

Don't think so. "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Earlier up thread they refer to it by the brand name, Bird-B-Gone, which is a company that makes several products including the 'Bird Chase Supersonic' which seems to match the description of 'Playing bird distress calls'.
chris95040 is offline   Reply With Quote