Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2022, 08:59   #1

Boat: Caroff, Bulle de Soleil, 38 ft (steel)
Shipyards/repairs in the Kattegat Sea or Poland? (Steel Boat)

Good afternoon everybody.

I am a cruiser/liveaboard based in Gothenburg, west Sweden. I need to put my 11m steel sailboat on the hard this summer. It is a Bulle de Soleil, predecessor of the Chatam, a centerboard designed by Gilbert Caroff. It was made in the 90s in Marseille by Proalu, and then brought to Sweden by the second owner on a trailer in the early 2000s.

I am asking help with two related topics.

1) Do you know any shipyard in the Kattegat Sea (West Sweden, East Denmark) or Poland that can weld and sandblast steel? There is one in Gothenburg, but they are busy with big ships and seem to not like private owners of small boats. I have been calling for months with no luck.

2) Do you know reliable professionals offering nautical services in Poland that can change standing rigging, paint or work in carpentry? I know that some sailors from Germany repair their boats in Poland, for many reasons (Polish vs German wages, which means low cost, and good quality work).

Thank you.
Agustin
S/V Stornoway
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stornoway.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	257594  
Agustin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, Poland, repair, repairs, steel