Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2022, 11:41   #106
Marine Service Provider

Re: Refrigerator Box insulation rebuild, Isotherm 2351

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
Have to disagree Louie.

Basically what Richard was proposing was to use a section of cap tube ahead of the TXV to regulate the flow volume from the condenser if the orifice in the RXV was not small enough to do so so that only liquid refrigerant flows to the TXV, the TXV then controls the amount of refrigerant in the evaporator.

I'd like to regulate the metering from the condenser with a float valve because I think this would be a good way to minimize head pressure and power consumption.
Raymond Louie gives up when TXV is not small enough.

Louie you continually fail to understand that there are no industry standards in mobile refrigeration for boats using the vapor compression process cooling. You are missing two points in boater, quest for liveaboard icebox conversion refrigeration; they would like something better than a beer or drink cooler single temperature box. Not every box can be used as a spillover refrigerator, The second thing these boaters want is a 12 volt refrigeration unit. Boats under thirty six feet and only one box are better off with a two temperature provided bin or chamber inclosure evaporator like this original thread post that everyone was pleased with.

Louie you alway want an actual explanation and details of other examples of successful mobile refrigeration designs that do not fit your limited narrative of a make believe industry non existent standard. This time I tried to show you that one small compressor can and has been used to supply two or more refrigerant flow control devices. Choking refrigerant flow methods are not unusual. I have even seen it on boats from your country.

How would Louis design two or three different box temperature freezer, refrigerator and drink cooler using one small 12 volt compressor?: I did point out my example required hybrid energy source to freeze plates the first day on that chat charter boat.

I am glad you were not around when Edison wanted to prove an electric light bulb was better than a candle
Richard Kollmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:39   #107
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Kollmann View Post
Raymond Louie gives up when TXV is not small enough.

Louie you continually fail to understand that there are no industry standards in mobile refrigeration for boats using the vapor compression process cooling. You are missing two points in boater, quest for liveaboard icebox conversion refrigeration; they would like something better than a beer or drink cooler single temperature box. Not every box can be used as a spillover refrigerator, The second thing these boaters want is a 12 volt refrigeration unit. Boats under thirty six feet and only one box are better off with a two temperature provided bin or chamber inclosure evaporator like this original thread post that everyone was pleased with.

Louie you alway want an actual explanation and details of other examples of successful mobile refrigeration designs that do not fit your limited narrative of a make believe industry non existent standard. This time I tried to show you that one small compressor can and has been used to supply two or more refrigerant flow control devices. Choking refrigerant flow methods are not unusual. I have even seen it on boats from your country.

How would Louis design two or three different box temperature freezer, refrigerator and drink cooler using one small 12 volt compressor?: I did point out my example required hybrid energy source to freeze plates the first day on that chat charter boat.

I am glad you were not around when Edison wanted to prove an electric light bulb was better than a candle
Richard, to say quote "Louie gives up when TXV is not small enough." is an arrogant fabrication of the truth. You should have stated that 'Louie will not build systems that are technically incorrect'
And that is why we have a manufacturing business that thrives, it operates within the known processes and protocols of the refrigeration industry and not outside of it in some fantasy land.
Processes and protocols of the refrigeration industry apply to ALL refrigeration applications regardless and to suggest they don't apply to the marine fridge industry is rubbish, a cop out for those who don't understand the fundamentals and therefore can't or don't know how to comply.

The marine refrigeration industry has a history of failed 'geniuses' who delude themselves into believing they know better than the rest of the world!! . Self proclaimed messiahs who invent nonsense in lieu of simply operating within known best practices and of course they fail. (But I think you know that Richard ) Sadly their failure leaves many users disadvantaged and bad for the industry.

Your manufacturing entity that over 30 years only manages to average 8 to 10 systems per year obviously has not got it right and has nothing to offer. (See pic below: That's 50 in FIVE years, we make up to that many in ONE batch and you dare to try schooling me!)
Doesn't that tell you something Richard?

Your latest amusing offering adds to your past totally incorrect advice like 'high side pressure should never exceed 120PSIG', or your invention of the 'Low voltage spike' causing compressor start failure or spot welding copper evaporator tubing to the ss plate interiors, to mention just a few.

Please stop misleading readers with nonsense. Please, as asked many times without response, provide data, pictures, anything apart from more waffle to support your 'out there' ideas and your claimed past activities, as there is nothing anywhere to support your often stated resume. Otherwise familiarise yourself with the correct refrigeration processes and stop this nonsense of inventing diversions..

Cheers OzeLouie.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Best ws.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	251071
OzeLouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 04:38   #108
Marine Service Provider

Louie, The only reply I have to your spurring complete Poppycock is, Most boaters that participate on this forum have a good mechanical aptitude when judging what refrigeration advice to believe in. The popular Pleasure boat ice box conversion refrigeration industry follows more of what the viewers are looking for multiple temperature boxes with less inference on one temperature beer coolers. I won't try to explain again refrigerant high pressure monitoring on Danfoss BD compressors.
Old 12-01-2022, 21:18   #109
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Louie, The only reply I have to your spurring complete Poppycock is, Most boaters that participate on this forum have a good mechanical aptitude when judging what refrigeration advice to believe in. The popular Pleasure boat ice box conversion refrigeration industry follows more of what the viewers are looking for multiple temperature boxes with less inference on one temperature beer coolers. I won't try to explain again refrigerant high pressure monitoring on Danfoss BD compressors.
Really Richard, more miss information? check out twin compartment (Fridge - freezer) systems here: https://www.ozefridge.com/packages Our most popular system packages!

Cheers OzeLouie
Old 14-01-2022, 11:27   #110
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzeLouie View Post
Really Richard, more miss information? check out twin compartment (Fridge - freezer) systems here: https://www.ozefridge.com/packages Our most popular system packages!

Cheers OzeLouie
Louie, nice presentation of your two boxes, two condensing units link. Off the grid designs must be flexible when it comes to mobile pleasure boat refrigeration especially when dealing with converting an insulated area in a displacement hull sailboat.These conversion systems are labor intensive and every system built must be sized to fit each application and deliver customer satisfaction. I spent a lifetime in remote technical service instruction giving do it yourself instruction. I assisted in hundred if not thousands of different boat refrigeration designs and each one had to be different. I began by having a specific design for each manufacturer’s sailboat. There are over sixty detailed designs in the third addition of my DIY boat refrigeration book. In mobile refrigeration besides delivering the right compatible designed unit for each application there must be in most cases more than one temperature range inside the box. This industry today to be competitive is offering over 100 different options in component design to stay competitive.
Old 14-01-2022, 17:22   #111
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Louie, nice presentation of your two boxes, two condensing units link. Richard, please look again and perhaps read the entire web site, we NEVER link condensing units. All of our twin compartment (fridge and freezer) systems involve twin thin eutectic plates coupled to a single air / water cooled 3.5cc condensing unit. This refrigeration system is all applied to the freezer cabinet with a digitally controlled fan unit to service the fridge cabinet.
Off the grid designs must be flexible when it comes to mobile pleasure boat refrigeration especially when dealing with converting an insulated area in a displacement hull sailboat. These conversion systems are labor intensive and every system built must be sized to fit each application and deliver customer satisfaction. Exactly and that is why we are adamant that every project must firstly have a 'Heat load, Duty cycle and Power consumption' estimate performed to ensure that the equipment offered is 'fit for purpose'. As you know a fridge that works well maintaining say +4C in a 20C environment with less than a 50% duty cycle, would seem to be okay but will fail totally in the real tropics! Just when you need it most!!

I spent a lifetime in remote technical service instruction giving do it yourself instruction. I assisted in hundred if not thousands of different boat refrigeration designs and each one had to be different. I began by having a specific design for each manufacturer’s sailboat. There are over sixty detailed designs in the third addition of my DIY boat refrigeration book. In mobile refrigeration besides delivering the right compatible designed unit for each application there must be in most cases more than one temperature range inside the box. This industry today to be competitive is offering over 100 different options in component design to stay competitive.
Yes I agree, seldom are two systems the same and again this is why we don't supply retail outlets preferring to engage direct with users so we can ensure that the system supplied is the best fit, type and able to perform in the most extreme conditions likely. It's a one on one thing like you say.

This pic is me doing ''Heat load, Duty cycle and Power consumption' estimates ....
Cheers OzeLouie..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1682.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	442.9 KB
ID:	251277
Old 14-01-2022, 18:20   #112

Boat: 1984 Passport 42 pilothouse cutter

Louie, are or can your systems work on 24v?
alaskanviking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2022, 18:30   #113

Boat: Beneteau 432, C&C Landfall 42, Roberts Offshore 38

the trick is to learn to drink your rum and cokes warm.......invites to others to have a sundowner cocktail on your boat usually involves the dictum " bring some ice"....
MicHughV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2022, 04:04   #114
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanviking View Post
Louie, are or can your systems work on 24v?
Hi AV, Yes they are standard at 12VDC but can be supplied to power up from 12, 24 or 36VDC and 110 or 240 VAC with priority automatically to higher voltage present.

And @MicHughV wouldn't it be better to invite others over with 'I've got the ice, you bring the rum' (Or in Oz 'you bring the Bundy" )

Cheers OzeLouie
Old 15-01-2022, 12:47   #115
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzeLouie View Post
Yes I agree, seldom are two systems the same and again this is why we don't supply retail outlets preferring to engage direct with users so we can ensure that the system supplied is the best fit, type and able to perform in the most extreme conditions likely. It's a one on one thing like you say.

This pic is me doing ''Heat load, Duty cycle and Power consumption' estimates ....
Cheers OzeLouie..

Attachment 251277
Louie, I read and keep copies all companies technical materials on ice box conversion refrigeration including, trouble shooting, typical repairs, technical tips and each of their different maintenance manuals. I also retain their distribution network's helpful documents handy in answering email requests even today for help. Of all the popular models check Frigoboat's US distributors customers web information or a couple of companies like Seafrost or Demedic's excellent combining of Adler Barbour and WAECO documentation. When I was in this business all my designs could be maintainable anywhere in the world as they used simple common components.

Tags
insulation, refrigerator, isotherm, rebuild