Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-01-2005, 18:00   #1

Boat: Privilege 37
Question Raritan, Vacuflush Head

Does anyone have any experience with the Raritan heads? I have to replace the toilet and I am considering Atlantes that is manufactured by them. I have also heard good thing about the Vacuflush heads.

Thanks for any insights.

Keith
Strygaldwir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 05:51   #2

Boat: Grand Alaskan. 64'
My previous boat (that was 6 years ago) had vacuflush heads and they were far superior to the electric heads we have on our current boat. We owned that boat for 11 years and the only problem we ever had was when a guest put a HUGE wad of paper down and it jamed the vac pump and broke the shaft. A friend with a machine shop made me two replacements for free in about an hour and I sold the boat with a spare. My wife has said repeatedly that she wishes this boat had those same toilets and I agree. BTW I ran into a guy recently that has an electrasan waste management system and boy did I fall in love with that. NO MORE PUMP-OUTS Yippeee!! I'd love to get one of those

Greg
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 06:05   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Check out The Head Mistress

Peggy Hall ~ The “Head Mistress”
http://www.sailboatowners.com/forums...ew.tpl?fno=451

Get Rid of Boat Odors - by Peggie Hall ($21.95)
A guide to Marine Sanitation Systems and Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2005, 18:01   #4

There are still no discharge areas here and abouts, so a Lectasan and similar solutions don't solve all issues.

I bit the bullet and purchased Vacuflush/sealand toilets they look cool, now, all I have to do is figure out how to mount them up!

Old 21-04-2005, 00:45   #5

Look up lavac marine toilets on the web to find the manufactuer. They run around 600.00 dollers. I installed one in my boat and its been one of the best things Ive bought. except if you are blowing chunks your stomac dose not know that there has to be a delay before lifting the seat again!! Also it has a large punp that with a littel thought and a t valve you can use you head pump as an emergency bilge pump. I highly recomend them.
Cheers
D
Old 21-04-2005, 01:00   #6

I have 4 Rule 2000 pumps 2 diaphram pumps (rated at about 600 gph) 2 manual pumps (after pumping these for 2 minutes I concluded these aren't worth diddly ) I also keep a Rule 3500 with 25 feet of tubing and 30 feet of wiring in my rear locker. I REALLY hope I don't have to use the toilet as a spare pump

Already bought the two Vacuflush heads. Thanks for the recommendation.

Keith
Old 09-10-2005, 06:47   #7

vacuflush vs vacuum toilets?

Just a note of info. There are differences between a Vacuflush toilet ( Sealand systems) and other "vacuume toilet systems. Most notable and where a lot of maintenance issues arrise, is the Sealand VACUFLUSH has a ball-valve at the bottom of the bowll that when acuated causes the vacuum to suck the contents out. The other manufactures utilize the SEAT as a seal to form the vacuum. Big difference in power of vacuum force and maintenance. The lid must be down to make the seal for flushing. That is a big "gasket" to make is often the subject of lvacuum leaks. Whereas the Vacuflush uses the smaller ball valve at the bottom of the toiet bowl to "seal" the vacuum. So, unlike the other systems, you can keep the lid up on a vacuflush toilet to watch you waste get sucked down and out. The others you have to keep the lid down during the cycle and hope all the wasted was taken.
myblueheaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
raritan