Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-05-2015, 08:51   #16

Boat: 1991 Californian 52CPMY
Re: plans for arch / davit ?

Try Atlantic Towers. They have what they call an "arch in a box". It comes in several different sizes and configurations. Both sides are solid, with a adjustable middle piece. This is a very good product, and I have had one on my boat for 2 years. It holds 3 solar panels, radar, and has davits for my 10'6" RIB.

I highly recommend these guys. I have no commercial interest in this company, just a happy customer.

Cheers, Bill

(The picture is pre-solar)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arch&dinghy2.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	102206  
montenido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2015, 09:34   #17
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: V45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Doug View Post
Forget all the BS welding steel (wtf) I helped my nephew install a aluminum arch that has to large solar panels, will lift a heavy dinghy and has plenty of options for add on's. Talk to the people at FISHONSPORTS.COM no welding, you will spend much less than other options.
Hi Doug, What size /type of tubing did he use and what finish?
Thanks.
Bulawayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 10:20   #18

Boat: Beneteau 45 OC & Jeaneau 409

By far your best bet is Klacko Marine up in Ontario, Canada. Doug replaced our aluminum arch with a very nice stainless one. In cruising circles, they are the most noticed arches on the water....we are constantly asked if ours came from the factory.

As we learned through some serious cruising, aluminum arches are inexpensive and generally get the job done...however they are just not strong (endurance) to handle a dinghy et al and eventually saw many welds beginning to fail. That and they just look too utilitarian.

The new Klacko arch fits the boat perfectly and looks OEM....no compromises and life is a breeze. Like most things in boating...you get what you pay for.

KLACKO MARINE Niagara | Excellence in Stainless Fabrication their gallery has a ton of ideas
newburycruisers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc