Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2017, 12:25   #1

Boat: Catalina 470
Parts source for older Lewmar winches?

I have what I believe to be 1980's-vintage Lewmar 48 3-speed primary winches. I need to service them as the speed selectors on both are stuck, and who knows when the previous owner(s) last took them apart. Before I go opening them up I'd like to get a couple of spare-parts kits, but it seems that these are hard to come by for pre-1982 winches. I've talked to Lewmar, and they could not help me. Does anyone know of a source for these older parts? As much as I'd love to replace the winches with newer self-tailing versions, that's just not in the budget right now...

Thanks,
David
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
Davidhoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lewmar, parts, winch