Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-06-2011, 13:30   #1

Paraffin Cooker

PARAFFIN COOKER
Hi Everyone !
Here is a question related to paraffin tanks.
I have had a Taylors 28 paraffin cooker for more than 30 years, without any problem. I have also a remote paraffin tank. This tank has a cylinder shape, about 25 cm of length and 11 cm of diameter (see picture in the attachment). It is thus smaller than the tank of 1 ½ gallon presently sold by Taylors.
Recently I met serious problems with the pumping system of my paraffin tank and I would like to replace this tank. Unfortunately the current tank of 1 ½ gallon is too large to fit at the right place in my boat. And apparently Taylors does not sell anymore the old smaller tank.
Does anybody have an idea on how to get a tank similar to my old one? Or at least parts for it: it is the pumping rod which gives me difficulties.
Many thanks in advance for any suggestion.
Jean Pierre.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reservoir_petrole.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	402.7 KB
ID:	28547  
Jean Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 14:20   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: 1976 Sabre 28-2
Send a message via Yahoo to roverhi
Re: PARAFFIN COOKER

If it's just the pump that's the problem, you can cobble together an automobile tire Schraeder valve so you can pressurize the tank with a bicycle pump. Make a proper size hole to fit a schraeder valve and solder it in place. Buy a cheap bicycle pump and you are in businiess. Did that years ago because I didn't like the pump attached to my tank.
roverhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 07:49   #3

Boat: Colvic Watson
Re: Paraffin Cooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Pierre View Post
PARAFFIN COOKER
Hi Everyone !
Does anybody have an idea on how to get a tank similar to my old one? Or at least parts for it: it is the pumping rod which gives me difficulties.
Many thanks in advance for any suggestion.
Jean Pierre.
Hello Jean Pierre
I have a Taylors 030 oven with a 1 1/2 Gallon SS tank, here in the UK we can get most of the spares, BUT, I am not sure of your small tank but worth a try on these sites if you have not already tried.

I also had space problems to instal the tank/filter etc and ended up fitting it under a step from the cockpit down into the saloon as shown.

Mike

Home
http://www.yachtparts.co.uk/shop/bla...&limitstart=20
Blakes Lavac Taylors Spares - for cookers, heaters and toilets - Page 1

Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group
Tynesider is offline   Reply With Quote