Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2013, 18:21   #1

Overhaul of Parker Dawson 26 ketch

Hi, I have a Parker Dawson 26 that is ketch rigged. It seems to be a good solid boat and it sails well. I am thinking about taking the liner out and replacing it with bulkheads and built in furniture. (I really hate the liner as it is just tooo much like being inside the proverbial Clorox bottle). Does anyone have a thought on this project. I am pretty good with epoxy and have done some structural work with bulkheads on other sailboats so don't think that is a problem but thought I would ask to see how crazy this sounds to someone else. I have not decided whether to take the entire deck off or just cut it out from the inside but either is possible.

I have one other issue. I really don't like the wheel steering and this is a center console boat. Anyone have a thought on converting this to something a little simpler that would not take up the whole cockpit. I have thought about this a lot and have not come up with anything simple that seemed like it would work.

Thanks,
Jack
moisez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 09:24   #2

Boat: Solaris Sunstar 36' catamaran
Re: Overhaul of Parker Dawson 26 ketch

If it were me I'd just sell that boat and buy something more like I wanted rather than get involved in what could end up being an enormous project.
Old 31-07-2013, 09:28   #3

Re: Overhaul of Parker Dawson 26 ketch

Just renew it enough to be realiable and seaworth, with the aethetics you like. Going as far as you mention is foolish though.... just sayin'....

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ketch, overhaul