Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2018, 10:13   #1

Now Pulpit Anchor Windlass

Wasn’t sure which forum to post this in, but I have a question about my boat and the windlass I’m trying to install.

Bit of back story, I own a 1989 Doral Tara, I bought I about 5 years ago, it’s my first ever boat, I’m really enjoying it but I’m likely going to sell it soon and buy a sailboat.

The guy I bought it off of had already purchased a windlass but never installed it. I’m comfortable doing everything needed as far as drilling the boat and wiring it in, and I understand I’ll likely have to do some kind of fibreglass work to cover the old hole.

Here’s the problem I’m encountering. There’s currently about a 4” oval hole leading to what is currently the chain locker. Where that hole is currently is about as far aft in the locker compartment as possible. If I wanted to move that hole any further forward, I’d hit the bow pulpit which is raised about 1.5” making things a little awkward.

I do need to do some repair/caulking to the bow pulpit, but I’m looking for suggestions.

Here are some pics of what I’m talking about, the gasket in the picture is the one supplied with the windlass.
Eric N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 10:40   #2

Re: Now Pulpit Anchor Windlass

I can't figure out how get photos to attach, I've tried everything, someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Eric N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windlass, wind, anchor