Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-10-2018, 09:23   #1

Norvane rebuild parts

I am the very happy owner of a Norvane windvane since 06. I recently sailed down to Honduras and my norvane was less responsive than normal. My unit required maintenance.
Long story short, norvane is no longer in business, after months of trying I was unable to obtain parts from the fellow who purchased the Norvane inventory and so decided to sort it all out myself.
I would hate to see folks in the frustrating position I was without being able to find a solution. So I made extra. Contact me if in need.
Have a good day,
Ralph
Allied39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 05:42   #2

Boat: Alberg 30
Re: Norvane rebuild parts

I'm grateful that people are going the extra mile to keep Norvane windvanes alive. I recently aquired a Norvane windvane that is not installed, missing parts and has deteriorated parts. I'm trying to find parts diagram and installation instructions for my unit. Any info you have including a list of parts you have available for purchase would be greatly appreciated.
Akuleray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 06:48   #3

I can help you out. I will get all the paperwork that came with mine copied and will get it headed your way.
It may be worth trying to contact the guy who bought all the remaining stock , he is in CA.
I had zero luck with him. I will withhold my opinion. It may be worth a try though, you never know, stranger things have happened.

I do not have his info on hand, later this afternoon I should have it.
Old 27-03-2019, 07:16   #4

Ha, I actually had his contact info in my phone.....not that that did any good.

His name is greg mahoney , his number is/was (760) 855 6010.

The good news is that in the very likely situation that greg is totally useless, I am sure we can get you sorted.

I actually improved on one of the parts design so maintenance can be performed instead of replacement.

Later.
Old 27-03-2019, 14:02   #5

PM me your email and I will get a copy of all the paperwork that came with mine headed your way.

I have a spares kit that has all bearings bushings pulley wheels and an improved version of the ball joint available that is required to replace every wearing piece on the Norvane.

I usually have one listed on ebay for $235 but don't at the moment.

Later
Old 27-03-2019, 15:02   #6

Boat: Alberg 30

That is fantastic. I will PM you to get info and to get details on the kit you have available.
Akuleray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 10:51   #7

Allied 39 no longer deals with this site. If needed PM him but give a contact other than a reply pm or you will not receive a reply

Tags
parts, rebuild