Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2009, 04:08   #16

Boat: Seafarer 38 cutter rigged
Send a message via MSN to Allan S
Just a few pics of our work. First one of the bow showing the white hull and registration numbers.

The second one is our hull roll and tipped after it was chemicly cleaned and sanded.

Third one is of the cabin deckhead being replaced. Xander, the difference between your ceiling and mine is that yours was 3/4 ply while mine was only 1/4.

This was the third attempt at putting it up.

Attempt # 1 was with 5200, I think that failed because of the temperature.

Attemp # 2 was with a polymer resin, again Temperature was the culprit.

Successful attempt # 3 was with a $$$$ epoxy resin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BoatDockApr09 003.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	7902   Click image for larger version

Name:	BoatDockApr09 038.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	454.1 KB
ID:	7903  

Click image for larger version

Name:	BoatDockApr09 043.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	453.5 KB
ID:	7904  
Allan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 07:14   #17

Boat: Hunter 26
Thanks Allen but I can't take credit for it. My first restoration was a Macgregor 21' and some guy on that list gave the idea to me. He said it is an old model airplane builder's trick. I like it so much that all of my fiberglass repair work now goes through Visqueen (poly sheeting) now. It is great for upside down work. Right now my big repair is the mast head sheave for the main sheet halyard. It keeps jumping and I've been lifting the main sail using the topping lift. Not ideal. I guess I'll have to drop the mast.

Fair winds...

r
rgranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 17:08   #18

Boat: Coronado 25 - Breaking Wind
Re: New Ceiling on Coronado 25

I have started a new thread for this project. It's been a few years but there was some interest in what I was doing so I figured I'd get back onto this forum...

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post810903
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:11   #19

Boat: Coronado 25 Keel

I've just started replacing the overhead on a 1968 Coronado 25. A soft deck lead me to chip away at the overhead until I discovered I was removing the core. Now my plan is to replace the entire overhead with a polyester resin lay up of (top-to-botton) mat/mat/roving/mat/roving/mat/roving/1/4" ply/epoxy cloth & resin, covering the visible part of the overhead and tabbing the play into the sides of the cabin.
I also removed both hatch coaming cores, solid but rotted pieces of wood.
Now I'm looking at removing the bulkheads and compression posts beneath the mast step. The portion of the bulkhead that supports the mast appears to be a forward curved beam and an aft curved beam, and plywood between them. I've taken every bolt and screw I can find out of the aft-facing athwartships beam but can't pry it off. Anybody have a sequence of steps to remove the beams and bulkheads in a C25?
Thxs in advance.
Puget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 14:30   #20

Puget-

How did the ceiling project turn out? Did you end up doing the compression posts too? I have recently purchased a 68' C-25. It is currently in Idaho and I will be traveling over there in late March or early April to pick it up. I got it from a longtime friend of mine for $1500.00. Boat includes a lot of little extras, motor, main, 2 jibs and a spinnaker. According to my friend, it has been well taken care of. Boat has been rewired, two of the winches upgraded to self-tailing, bottom done with 4 coats of antifouling. Didn’t hurt that it’s been in fresh water all this time. I would appreciate hearing from readers about upgrades and modifications to their Coronados. I will attempt to post some pics when I get the chance. Thanks!
Captain.Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote