Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-01-2017, 15:40   #31

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Bahia, 46ft cat
Re: Mexican 2-part poly paint experiences?

Wow man, that is what you call BAD LUCK!!! I just found this topic a minute ago and read it from the beginning. Your last message is from two weeks ago. I hope you have good news by now? Can you post an update again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnbreeze27 View Post
Same cruiser got run off the road on his way south, and the $160 gallon of converter, the most expensive container in the bunch, died all over the back of his 3 month old Dodge Ram. He also lost a can of bottom paint, among other things, but luckily was uninjured.

So the primer gets here Monday. We will hopefully paint next week, and then we get to deal with the insurance claim for the 92' megayacht that crashed into us. The fun just doesn't stop when you're cruising.
Ilona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 15:50   #32

Boat: 50' Herreshoff Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilona View Post
Wow man, that is what you call BAD LUCK!!! I just found this topic a minute ago and read it from the beginning. Your last message is from two weeks ago. I hope you have good news by now? Can you post an update again?
LOL. It gets better! We had a 100' metal megayacht crash into us in the slip, so we've been waiting to get in to a yard for repairs. The deck will be painted last after all the other repairs.

Going nuts being in the marina this long. And we're going to have to move ashore while the boat is in the yard. I miss sailing.

BTW I quit saying "it can't get any worse", sticking with "it can only get better!"
autumnbreeze27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 21:43   #33

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Bahia, 46ft cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnbreeze27 View Post

BTW I quit saying "it can't get any worse", sticking with "it can only get better!"
Add to that: "someday" and you're correct ;-)

Good luck!! I know the situation, no fun at all but the good thing is that afterwards you will appreciate the 'simple' fact of being able to be on the water and sail again. It really does help you realize how lucky you are then to not be on the hard anymore. Not much help for you now but keep it in mind and you will think back at it - someday - and that day will come
Ilona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, paint